Our alumni continue to be involved in the life of the college. And it’s easy to understand why: everyone benefits.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved in supporting current students:
- Mentor an undergraduate or graduate student through the Executive Mentors Scholars program
- Participate in the Horn Program in Entrepreneurship’s “E-Studies Free Lunch Fridays” to share your experience and advice to students interested in starting their own businesses
- Guest-judge alumni, student and faculty business pitches during the annual President’s Forum on Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Collaborate with the Lerner Career Services Center to identify an internship or other educational opportunity for a student
- Guest lecture in a college classroom or speak to one of our many student organizations
- Serve as a judge for the annual Carol A. Ammon MBA Case Competition
“Study abroad was the highlight of my entire University of Delaware experience,” said Michael Bennett, a 2000 alumnus and founder of the California-based transformational travel company, Muddy Shoe Adventures.
2017 Alumni Awards
This year’s award winners will be honored at the annual Alumni Awards of Excellence Reception being held on Friday, June 2, 2017 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Alfred Lerner Hall Atrium. To RSVP for the reception, please visit the Alumni 2017 website.
Nominations must be received no later than close of business April 7, 2017.
Alumni Awards Nomination Form
The prestigious Alumni Award of Excellence is presented each year to a select few alumni who have exhibited exceptional accomplishments. Nominations are solicited from alumni and the University community, and selection is based on professional accomplishments, contribution to the community and commitment to excellence.
Tanya S. Bakalov, ’04
Founder & Chief of Staff, SevOne
Ronald E. Bruehlman, ’82
Senior VP/CFO, IMS Health Inc.
Thomas W. Horne, ’88
BS Business Administration
Head of Card Operations- General Manager of Service Centers, JPMorgan Chase
Rebecca J. Reed, ’86 & ’00
MA Economics, BS Economics
Social Studies supervisor for the Red Clay Consolidated School District
Natalie D. Ramsey, Esq., ’81
Partner, Montgomery McCracken
2013 Award Winner
The Alumni Board is composed of a diverse group of Lerner College graduates from different geographic locations, class years, occupations and interests. In addition to providing guidance to the Lerner leadership, the Alumni Board promotes the advancement of the college by engaging other alumni and encouraging their support of Lerner’s programs and its students through engagement, service and giving. Alumni who are interested in participating in Lerner College programs or obtaining information about the Alumni Board are encouraged to email email@example.com.
The Advisory Board provides strategic guidance to Lerner leadership to support efforts to make Lerner a prominent business school known for successful graduate and undergraduate programs, research visibility and innovative programming. Board members include distinguished public and private sector leaders with diverse interests and occupations. These influential individuals help maintain and enhance the quality of Lerner’s people and programs and support Lerner by donating time, expertise and money to the college.
For more information on Lerner alumni relations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.