Barbara A. Cullis
Director of Information Technology and Research,
Instructor - Management and Information Systems
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
303G Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- The Project Management Institute, member since March 1996
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association, member since May 2004
- Technology in Business School Roundtable, 2013
- EduCAUSE, since 2014
- AACSB, since 2016
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) Bridge Program, graduate May 2016.
- PMP, The Project Management Institute, Pennsylvania, 2000.
- Designation: Project Management Professional
- SCRUM Master, AgileInfusion, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2007.
- Designation: Certified SCRUM Master
- M.B.A., Executive MBA Program, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, Inaugural class of 2004. Major: Business Administration and Finance.
- B.S., Marymount College, Tarrytown, New York.
- International Study at College of Distributive Trades London, England. Major: Business
- M.S., Wilmington University, New Castle, Delaware. Major: enrolled part time for professional development. Courses included Human Behavior, Research and Evaluation, Ethics: Principles and Practices.
- Curriculum Vitae
Awards & Honors
Presentations and Activities
- “Building a Work Breakdown Structure”, Facilitated workshop for visiting students from the Sorbonne, Paris, Master of Science Project Management Program, University of Delaware May 2014.
- “Project Management: Making Projects a Reality”, Facilitated workshop for MEPI (Middle East Partnership Initiative) student leaders, University of Delaware, July 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- “Creating Value in a Mid-Market Telecommunications Company”, project presentation at Oracle Apps World, San Diego, 2004.
- “Team Enterprise – Project Briefing”, project presentation at Oracle Apps World, San Diego, 2003.
- Customer Relationship Management Process Improvement, invited panel discussant at Oracle Apps World, San Diego, 2003.
- “Team Enterprise – Project Briefing”, project presentation at Oracle ROI Series CFO Tour, New York, 2002.
- “Fundamentals of Project Management”, a four hour seminar presented to Penn State faculty and staff through the Human Resource Development Center, 1997 – 1998.
- “Implementing a Fleet Management System”, project presented at the Big 10 and Midwestern Universities Transportation and Parking Conference, University Park, 1996.
- “Implementing Cornell’s Inventory Management System at Penn State”, paper presentation at CAUCUS 1993, Software AG College and University User’s Group.
- 2015 – Present: Faculty Advisor, Peer Mentorship Program, Lerner Student Advisory Board.
- 2015 – Reviewer, Information Technology Project Management: Providing Measurable Organizational Value, 5th Edition, by Jack T. Marchewka, Publisher: Wiley; 5th edition (February 8, 2016)
- 2014 – Present: Instructor, Accounting and MIS Department. Courses: MISY431/432: Senior Capstone Project Course, IT Project Management. MISY160: Business Communications.
- 2012 – Present: Instructor, PCS, UD Organizational Learning Solutions. Courses: PMI Certified Project Management Certificate. Excellence in Executive Sponsorship of Projects. These organizational solutions are delivered at client sites in the region.
- 2012 – 2014: Instructor, Executive Education and Graduate Programs. Course: MISY840, IT Project Management, a core course in the ITSM MS Program