Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs,
Professor and Area Head of Operations Management
223 Alfred Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Use of videoconferencing for international teamwork, including the effects of culture; also the use of videoconferencing for facilitating student-to-student interaction across cultures.
- Effective use of technology in the classroom for teaching Operations Management concepts.
- Best practices for Study Abroad courses/trips for Business students.
- B.A. - Bucknell University, Mathematics, 1973
- M.B.A. - Drexel University, Quantitative Systems Analysis/MIS, 1977
- Ph.D. - Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Decisions Sciences, 1984
- Curriculum vitae
- Ferry, Diane, Kydd, Christine and Boyles, Corinne (2012), “Creating the Global Graduate: A Cross-Cultural Videoconferencing Case Study”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 139-164.
- Kydd, C. (2012) “The Effectiveness of Using a Web-Based Applet to Teach Concepts of Linear Programming: An Experiment in Active Learning”, INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 78–88.
- Serva, Mark A., Baroudi, Jack J. and Kydd, Christine (2009). ““The Effects of Stereotype Threat on MIS Students: Are Our Female Students Underperforming?” Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 142-150.
- Kydd, Christine. and Ferry, Diane. (2009) “Exploring Business Issues in High Tech Fields Using Collaborative Electronic Meeting Tools”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 155-161.
- Antil, John and Kydd, Christine, (2008) “From the Ground Up: Learning Through Immersion in Business”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 167-172.
- Ferry, D., Kydd, C., and Sawyer, J. "Measuring Facets of Media Richness". The Journal of Computer Information Systems, 41(4), 2001, 69-78.
- Sawyer, J., Ferry, D., and Kydd, C., “Learning About and From Group Support Systems”, Journal of Management Education, 25(3), 2001, 352-371.
- Morrison, J.L., Kim, H.S. and Kydd, C.T., “Student Preferences for Cybersearch Strategies: Impact On Critical Evaluation of Sources”, Journal of Education for Business, Vol. 73, No. 5, May/June, 1998, pp. 264-268.
- Atkinson, M. and C.T. Kydd, “Individual Characteristics Associated with World Wide Web Use: An Empirical Study of Playfulness and Motivation”, DataBase: The DataBase for Advances in Information Systems, 28(2), Spring, 1997, pp. 53-62.
- Kydd, C. T. and D. L. Ferry, "Managerial Use of Video Tele-Conferencing," Information and Management, 27(1994), 369-375.
- Kydd, C. and D. Ferry, "A Study of Managerial Decision Making in Low Probability, High Risk Setting: The Case of Computer Viruses", OMEGA: The International Journal of Management Science, 20(1), January, 1994, pp. 117-126.
- Kydd, C. and D. Ferry, "A Behavioral View of Computer Supported Cooperative Work Tools", Journal of Management Systems, Special MIS Issue on Behavioral Implications in Systems Analysis and Design, Spring, 1991, Vol. 3, No. 1, 55-68.
- Kydd, C. T. and L. Oppenheim, "Using Human Resource Management to Enhance Competitiveness: Lessons from Four Excellent Companies," Human Resource Management, Summer, 1991, Vol. 29, No. 2, 145-166.
- Kydd, C., J. Ogilvie and A. Slade, "'I don't care what they say, as long as they spell my name right': Publicity, Reputation and Turnover", Group and Organization Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, March, 1990, pp. 53-74.
- Kydd, C. and L. Jones, "Corporate Productivity and Shared Information Technology," Information and Management, 17, 1989, pp. 277-282.
- Kydd, C., "Understanding the Information Content in MIS Development Tools", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, Sept., 1989, pp. 277-290.
- Kydd, C., "Cognitive Biases in the Use of Computer-Based Decision Support Systems," OMEGA: The International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 17, No. 4, July, 1989, pp. 335-344.
- Jones, L. and C. Kydd, "An Information Processing Framework for Understanding Success and Failure of MIS Development Methodologies", Information and Management, 15, 1988, pp. 263-271.
Awards & Honors
- Received Student Choice Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2012, Lerner College of Business & Economics.
- Received Delaware Professor of the Year Award, 2003, awarded by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Council for Advancement and Support of Education (Nominated for 2003 US Professor of the Year award by the University of Delaware from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Council for Advancement and Support of Education)
- Received University of Delaware Excellence-in-Teaching Award, 1995
- Received Outstanding Associate Editor for the Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 2012.
- BUAD306 Introduction to Operations Management
- BUAD346 Analysis of Operations Problems
- BUAD446 Operations Planning and Control
- BUEC432 Systems Development
- BUEC431 Project Management
- BUAD467 High Tech Business Issues and Decision Making
- BUAD110 Basics of Business (and coordinated the link to ENGL110 sections)
- BUAD448 Decision Support Systems for Operations Management
- BUAD167 Introduction to Business for Majors
- BUAD449 Project Management for Operations
- BUAD830 Decision Support Systems
- BUAD810 Titans, Teams and Technology
- BUAD836 Problem Structuring and Analysis of Decisions
- BUAD831 Operations Management & Management Science
- BUAD865 Seminar on Business Processes and Operations Management