K. Asli Basoglu
Assistant Professor of MIS
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
213 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Technology Mediated Interruptions and Performance
- Decision Making
- Virtual Teams
- Ph.D., Washington State University
- M.A., University of Virginia
- B.A., Bilkent University, Turkey
Basoglu, A., & Yoo, J. J. E. Forthcoming. "Soon or Later? The Effect of Temporal Distance on Travel Decisions," Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, pp. 1-14.
Cao, J., Basoglu, A., Sheng, H. & Lowry, P.B. Forthcoming. "A Systematic Review of Social Networks Research in Information Systems: Building a Foundation for Exciting Future Research," Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
Basoglu, K.A. & Hess, T.J. (2014) "Online Business Reporting: A Signaling Theory Perspective," Journal of Information Systems, 28 (2), pp. 67-101.
Hess, T. J., McNab, A., & Basoglu. A., (2014) "Reliability Generalization of Perceived Ease of Use, Perceived Usefulness, and Behavioral Intentions," MIS Quarterly, 38(1), pp. 1-28.
Basoglu, A., and Edmonds, C., and White, S. 2012. “IFRS, US GAAP, and XBRL Financial Statements: An Introduction and Case Study,” AIS Educator Journal, 7(1), pp. 75-79.
Basoglu, A., Fuller, M. A., & Valacich, J. S, 2012. “Enhancement of Recollection within Technology Mediated Teams Through the Use of Online Visual Artifacts,” ACM Transactions on MIS, 3(1), Article 2.
McNab, A., Basoglu, A., Sarker, S., & Yu, Y., 20112 “Evolution of Cognitive Trust in Distributed Software Development Teams: A Punctuated Equilibrium Model,”Electronic Markets, 22, pp. 21-36.
Wright, R. T., Chakraborty, S., Basoglu, A., & Marett, K., 2010. “Where Did They Go Right? Investigating Deception Cues in a Phishing Context,” Group Decision and Negotiation Journal, 19(4), pp. 391-416.
Basoglu, A., Fuller, M. A., and Sweeney, J.T., 2009. "Technology Mediated Interruptions: The Effects of Tasks and Interruption Characteristics on Financial Task Performance,” International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 10(4), pp. 177-189.
Awards & Honors
- Excellence in Research Award, Dept. of MIS & Accounting, University of Delaware, 2012
- PwC INQuires Research Grant, 2011
- General University Research Grant, University of Delaware 2011
- Best Paper Award, AIS Educators’ Conference, 2011
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor Award, College of Business, WSU 2010
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor Nominee, Department of IS, WSU 2009
- AMCIS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2009
- Best Paper Award, SIGASYS IRSAIS (Pre-ICIS Workshop), December 2008
- Strategic IS and Accounting
- Current Issues in MIS