Associate Professor, Director of the Global Enterprise Technology Program
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
012 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- M.B.A., Syracuse University, NY
- B.S., Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Kher, H. and Serva, M., " Changing the Way We Study Change: Advocating Longitudinal Research in MIS," forthcoming in Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, 2013.
- Saltz, J., Serva, M., and Heckman, R., “The GET Immersion Experience: A New Model for Leveraging the Synergies between Industry and Academia,” forthcoming in Journal of Information Systems Education, 2013.
- Serva, M., Kher, H., and Laurenceau, J., “Leveraging Latent Growth Models to Better Understand MIS Theory: A Primer,” Communications of the AIS.
- Benamati, J., Fuller, M., Serva, M., "The Productive Tension of Trust and Distrust: The Coexistence and Relative Role of Trust and Distrust in Online Banking," Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, vol. 20, no. 4, 2010.
- Benamati, J., Fuller, M., Serva, M., Baroudi, J., “Clarifying the Integration of Trust and TAM in E-Commerce Environments: Implications for Systems Design and Management,” IEEE Transactions for Engineering Management, vol., 57, no. 3, pp. 380-393, 2010.
- Serva, M., Baroudi, J., and Kydd, C., “The Effects of Stereotype Threat on MIS Students: Are Our Female Students Underperforming?” Journal of Computer Information Systems, Winter 2009, pp. 142-150.
- Fuller, M., Serva, M., Benamati, J., “Seeing is Believing: The Transitory Influence of Reputation Information on E-Commerce Trust and Decision-Making,” Decision Sciences, vol. 38, no. 4, 2007.
- Benamati, John, Serva, Mark A., Galleta, D., Harris, A., Niederman, F., “The Slippery Slope of MIS Academia: A Discussion of the Quest for Relevance in Our Discipline,” volume 18, article 32, March 2007, Communications of the AIS, 2007.
- Benamati, J. and Serva, M.A., “Trust and Distrust in Online Banking,” Journal of Information Technology Development, vol. 17, no. 3, February 2007.
- Serva, M. A., Fuller, M. A. and Mayer, R. C., “The Evolution of Trust between Interdependent Teams: A Model of Reciprocal Trust,” Journal of Organizational Behavior, vol. 26, no. 6, September 2005.
- Serva, M. A., Fuller, M. A., and Benamati, J., “Trustworthiness In B2C E-Commerce: Empirical Test Of Alternative Models," Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, vol. 36, no. 3, Summer 2005.
- Aquino, K. and Serva, M., “Using Dual Role Assignment to Improve the Systems Analysis and Design Class: An Investigation of Social Capital in Teams,” Journal of Management Education, February 2005.
- Serva, M. A. and Fuller, M. A., “The Effects of Trustworthiness Perceptions on the Formation of Initial Trust: Implications for MIS Student Teams,” Journal of Information Systems Education, Winter 2004.
- Serva, M. and Fuller, M. A., “Aligning What We Do and What We Measure in Business Schools: Incorporating Media Use and Active Learning in the Assessment of Instruction,” Journal of Management Education, February 2004.
- Serva, M., Sherer, S. and Sipior, J., “’When Do You ASP?’ The Software Life Cycle Control Model,” Information Systems Frontiers, April 2003.
- Serva, M. and Serva, L., “’So Where Are You From, Originally? Using Ineffective and Inappropriate Recruiting Procedures in MIS Tenure-Track Job Interviews,” Journal of Information Systems Education, Winter 2001.
- Serva, M., “The Stresses and Politics of Project Management: A Systems Analysis and Design Simulation,” Journal of Information Systems Education, Winter 1999.
- Serva, M. and Fuller, M. A., “Teaching Evaluation: Acknowledging the New Realities in the Modern Business School Classroom,” Journal of Information Systems Education, Winter 1999.
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of the Lerner College's Outstanding Teacher Award
- Recipient of the Lerner College's Student Choice Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Recipient of UD’s Exemplary Use of Technology Award, Spring 2007.
- Nominee for University of Delaware’s University-wide Teaching Award, 2006.
- Nominee for MBA Teaching Award, 2006 & 2007.
- Information Systems Department Best Teacher Award, Baylor University, 1998 & 1999.
- Web Development (MISY350)
- Database (MISY330)
- Business Application Development (MISY225)
- Former Director of and Board Member for the Institute for Transforming Undergraduation
- Educational Consultant, University Faculty Development