Professor of Accounting
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
223 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Audit quality, earnings quality
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- Masters in Professional Accountancy, Clemson University, GA
- B. Com, Osmania University, India
- Audit Quality: Insights from the Academic Literature (with Robert Knechel, Gopal Krishnan, Mikhail Pevzner and Lori Shefchik) in Auditing: A Journal of Theory and Practice Vol. 32 , 2013: 385-421
- The Quality of Earnings of Client firms of Second Tier Auditors with Dave Jenkins in Research in Accounting Regulation, Volume 23 (Issue 2) October, 2011: 172-176
- The Impact of the Business Cycle on the Value-Relevance of Disaggregated Earnings Components with D. Jenkins and G. Kane in Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, Vol. 36, Nov/Dec 2009: 1041-1058.
- Financial Statement Fraud: Insights from the Academic Literature, with Chris Hogan, Dick Riley and Zabi Rezaee, Auditing: A Journal of Theory and Practice, Vol. 27, November 2008 : 231- 252.
- Does auditor tenure influence the reporting of conservative earnings? with D. Jenkins, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Volume 27(Iss. 2) 2008:115-132.
- The Impact of Arbitrage Costs on Intertemporal Changes in the Earnings Response Coefficient, with D. Jenkins, in Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting Vol 8, 2010 : 285-308.
- Institutional ownership and the quality of earnings, with D. Jenkins, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 59 (Iss. 9) 2006: 1043-1051.
- Earnings Conservatism and Audit Quality: An Examination of the late 1990s, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Journal of Forensic Accounting, Vol. VIII 2007: 287-302.
- The Relevance of Stock and Flow-Based Reporting Information In Assessing the Likelihood of Emergence from Corporate Financial Distress, with G. Kane and F. Richardson, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting Vol. 26 (Iss. 1) 2006 (February): 5-22 (lead article)
- Earnings quality decline and the effect of industry specialist auditors: An analysis of the late 1990s, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy Vol. 2 2006: 71-90.
- Employee Relations and the Likelihood of Occurrence of Corporate Financial Distress, with G. Kane and B. Ruf, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting Vol. 32, No. 5& 6, June/July, 2005: 1083-1106.
- Heuristic Partitioning and the Prediction of Corporate Financial Distress” with G. Kane and F. Richardson, Advances in Financial Planning and Forecasting Vol. 1, 2005:1-26.
- The Impact of Managerial Ownership on the Likelihood of Provision of High Quality Auditing Services, with G. Kane, Review of Accounting and Finance Vol. 4, No. 2, 2005: 86-106.
- The Role of Institutional Ownership In The Market For Auditing Services: An Empirical Investigation, with G. Kane, Journal of Business Research Vol. 57, 2004: 976-983.
- The Impact of Corporate Life-Cycle on the Value-Relevance of Disaggregated Earnings Components, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Review of Accounting and Finance Vol. 3, No. 4, 2004: 5-20
- Institutional Ownership and the Selection of Industry Specialist Auditors, J. Reisch and D. O. Reilly, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting Vol. 21 (1), 2003: 35- 48.
- The Association Between Auditor Industry Specialization and Earnings Management, Research in Accounting Regulation Vol. 16, 2003: 171-184.
Awards & Honors
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation
- Editorial Review Board, Research in Accounting Regulation
- Ad hoc Reviewer :
- The Accounting Review
- Journal of Accounting and Public Policy
- Journal of Business Research
- Issues in Accounting Education
- SSRN's Top Ten List for "Auditing, Litigation & Tax" (for working paper entitled "Audit Quality Indicators: Insights from the Academic Literature), April-May 2012
- Project Leader, PCAOB Audit Quality Indicator Research Group, 2011-2012
- Member, PCAOB Financial Fraud Research Group, 2005-2006
- HERS Leadership Institute Fellow
- Chair, Research Advisory Committee, Auditing Section, American Accounting Association, 2011-2012
- Vice Chair, Research Advisory Committee, Auditing Section, American Accounting Association, 2010-2011
- Research Advisory Committee, Auditing Section, American Accounting Association, 2009-2010
- Research Advisory Committee, American Accounting Association, 2007-2009
- College of Business and Economics Research Grant, University of Delaware (2006)
- College of Business and Economics Research Grant, University of Delaware (2004)
- Lester W. Chadwick Excellence in Teaching Award, Beta Alpha Psi, Delaware Chapter (2003)
- General University Research Grant, University of Delaware (2001)
- AAA New Faculty Consortium Fellow
- AAA/Deloitte & Touche Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- Featured in Delaware Today (December 2006) as one of the “40 women in Business”.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Accounting