Jennifer R. Joe
Title Whitney Family Professor of Accounting, Chief Diversity Advocate of Lerner College
Office 212 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D. in accounting, University of Pittsburgh
- B.B.A. in accounting, magna cum laude, Bernard M. Baruch College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New York
- “Analyzing Behavioral Accounting Research” in The Routledge Companion To Behavioral Research In Accounting. 2017. Edited by Theresa Libby and Linda Throne.
- “Overcoming Communication Challenges: Can Taking the Specialist’s Perspective Improve Auditors’ Critical Evaluation and Integration of the Specialist’s Work?” with Yi-Jing Wu and Alexsandra Zimmerman, 2017 PCAOB/JAR Conference on Auditing and Capital Markets
- “Use of High Quantification Evidence in Fair Value Audits: Do Auditors Stay in their Comfort Zone?” with Scott Vandervelde and Yi-Jing Wu, The Accounting Review, September 2017, Vol. 92, No. 5, pp. 89-116.
- “Auditors’ Internal Control Over Financial Reporting Decisions: Analysis and Research” with Steve Asare, Brian Fitzgerald, Lynford Graham, Eric Negangard and Chris Wolfe. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 2013.
- “Managers’ and Investors’ Responses to Media Exposure of Board Ineffectiveness” with Dahlia Robinson and Henock Louis. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2009.
- “Reducing Management’s Influence on Auditors’ Judgments: An Experimental Investigation of SOX 404 Assessments” with Christine Earley and Vicky Hoffman. The Accounting Review, 2008.
Awards & Honors
- Editor 2014 – 2017 – Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory
- PhD Project ADSA Trailblazer Award, 2016
International Association for Accounting Education & Research Grant, 2016
- AAA Doctoral Consortium Committee, 2013 – 2014
- AAA Auditing Section, Secretary, 2010 – 2012
Center for Audit Quality Research Grant, 2012, 2009
- AICPA Best Manuscript Award
- American Accounting Association (AAA) ABO Section Outstanding Dissertation Award
- KPMG Doctoral Scholar
- AICPA Doctoral Fellow
- Editorial board – Contemporary Accounting Research
- Editorial board – Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory
- Ad hoc reviewer – The Accounting Review