Title Professor of Accounting
Office 224 Purnell Hall
Phone (302) 831-1765
- Ph.D. in accounting, University of North Texas
- M.S. in audit and financial accounting, University of North Texas
- B.S. in accounting, George Mason University, VA
- Certified Public Accountant (MD)
- Edmonds, C., Leece, R., Vermeer, B., and Vermeer, T. (forthcoming) “The Information Value of Qualified and Adverse Audit Reports: Evidence from the Municipal Sector.” Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory.
- Edmonds, C., Edmonds, J., Vermeer, B., and Vermeer, T. (2017) “Does Timeliness of Financial Information Matter in the Governmental Sector?” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 36(2): 163-176.
- Edmonds, C., Edmonds, J., Leece, R., Vermeer, T. (2015) “Do Risk Management Activities Impact Earnings Volatility? Research in Accounting Regulation 27(1): 66-72.
- Vermeer, T., Edmonds, C., and Asthana, S. (2014) “Organizational Form and Accounting Choice: Are Nonprofit or For-Profit Managers More Aggressive?” The Accounting Review 89(5): 1867-1893.
- Jenkins, D. and Vermeer, T. (2013) “Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation and Audit Quality: Evidence from Academic Research.” Accounting Research Journal 26(1): 75-84.
- Vermeer, T., Styles, A., Patton, T., (2012) “Do Local Governments Present Required Disclosures for Defined Benefit Pension Plans?” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 31(1): 44-68.
- Vermeer, T., Patton, T., and Styles, A. (2011) “Reporting of General Infrastructure Assets under GASB Statement No. 34.” Accounting Horizons 25(2): 381-407.
Awards & Honors
- 2016 Lester W. Chadwick Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award – Department of Accounting and MIS – University of Delaware
- 2016 Governmental Accounting Standards Board – research grant to examine the reporting of deficit net positions by state and local governments including the impact of GASB Statement No. 68 on these balances.
- 2012 Outstanding Research Paper Award by the American Accounting Association’s Government and Nonprofit Section Midyear Meeting
- 2011 Outstanding Research Paper Award – GBDI International Conference
- 2011 Lester W. Chadwick Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award – Department of Accounting and MIS – University of Delaware
- 2010 Faculty Excellence in Research Award – Department of Accounting and MIS – University of Delaware
- 2009 Outstanding Research Paper Award by the American Accounting Association’s Government and Nonprofit Section