Title Assistant Professor of Accounting
Office 253 Purnell Hall
Phone (302) 831-2961
- Ph.D. in accounting, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
- M.B.A. in finance, Villanova University, Villanova School of Business
- B.B.A. in accounting, Temple University, Fox School of Business & Management
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- “Stakeholder Engagement and Effective Standard-Setting” with Matthew Kaufman (Portland State University) and Terry Warfield (University of Wisconsin-Madison). Accounting Horizons. Forthcoming.
- “The Impact of Costly Regulation on R&D Investment Levels and Productivity.” With A. Cianci (Wake Forest University), M. Evans (Wake Forest University), L. Hughen (Sacred Heart University), and E. Werner (Rutgers University). Advances in Accounting, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adiac.2021.100527
- “Cost implications for hybrid organizations: Evidence from the Bonneville Power Administration (1982 – 2012)” with Matthew Kaufman (Portland State University), Accounting, Auditing, & Accountability Journal, 2021. https://doi/10.1108/AAAJ-12-2019-4327/full/html.
- “Do the Benefits of Small Firm SOX 404(b) Exemptions Outweigh the Costs?” with Carolyn Levine (University of Delaware), Current Issues in Auditing, 2021. https://doi.org/10.2308/CIIA-2020-026.
- “Motivational Tiered Assessment: A New Grading Approach for Motivating Business Schools.” With M. Serva (University of Delaware) and A. Bullough (University of Delaware). Communications of the Association for Information Systems. Forthcoming.
Awards & Honors
- AAA Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Excellence in Reviewing Award, 2021
- William Markell Faculty Excellence in Service Award, 2019
- AAA Public Interest Section Midyear Meeting Best Paper Award, 2019
- AAA Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Excellence in Reviewing Award, 2018
- Douglas Clarke Memorial Teaching Award, 2014