Some facts about our graduates:
- There are currently over 34,400 active Lerner alumni.
- Lerner alumni can be found in 73 different countries.
- Financial services is the most popular career area for Lerner alumni.
- Other popular fields of work include education, information services, insurance, government, health services, human resources, hotel/restaurant services, law, manufacturing, real estate and sales.
- 81% of Lerner alumni hold an undergraduate degree, while 16% hold a graduate degree. 3% hold both an undergraduate and graduate degree.
How to Get Involved
Through networking and volunteer opportunities, mentorships and employment, Lerner alumni share a lifelong commitment to the present and future of the University. Here are some of the ways you can stay connected to your alma mater:
- Mentor a student through the Lerner Executive Mentoring Program.
- Participate in the Horn Entrepreneurship’s Free Lunch Friday.
- Guest-judge alumni, student and faculty business pitches during the annual President’s Forum on Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Collaborate with the Lerner Career Services Center to identify an internship or other educational opportunity for a student.
- Guest lecture in a college classroom or speak to one of our many student organizations.
- Serve as a judge for the annual Carol A. Ammon MBA Case Competition.
- Support Lerner leadership through participation on boards and councils, including the New York City (NYC) Dean’s Advisory Council, the Advisory Board and the Alumni Advisory Board.
One of the many ways Lerner College fosters alumni engagement is by recognizing excellence. The prestigious Alumni Award of Excellence is presented each year to a select few alumni who have exhibited exceptional accomplishments. Nominations are solicited from alumni and the University community, and selection is based on professional accomplishments, contribution to the community and commitment to excellence.
Congratulations to our 2019 recipients:
- Steven W. Dempsey, ’90, B.S., Business Administration
- Nicole Jeter West, ’99, B.S., Business Administration
- Chris Mauthe, ’91, B.S., Accounting
- C. Taylor Pickett, Esq., ’84, B.S. Accounting
Rising Star Award:
- Joseph Staab, ’08, B.S. Accounting
Lerner’s newest alumni accolade, the Rising Star Alumni Award, recognizes recent alumni who exemplify the qualities and spirit of our Alumni Awards of Excellence. The first Rising Star Award was presented to Esther Sportello, ‘12.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner: Alison Houck - UD alumna and Managing Partner at the Rehoboth office of Faw Casson Alison Houck shared her lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner: Tom Horne - UD alumnus and Managing Director and COO of Chase Card Services Tom Horne shared their lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner: Robert Deutsch - UD alumnus Robert Deutsch shared his lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
For more information on Lerner alumni relations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.