Some facts about our graduates:
- There are currently over 34,400 active Lerner alumni.
- Lerner alumni can be found in 73 different countries.
- Financial services is the most popular career area for Lerner alumni.
- Other popular fields of work include education, information services, insurance, government, health services, human resources, hotel/restaurant services, law, manufacturing, real estate and sales.
- 81% of Lerner alumni hold an undergraduate degree, while 16% hold a graduate degree. 3% hold both an undergraduate and graduate degree.
How to Get Involved
Through networking and volunteer opportunities, mentorships and employment, Lerner alumni share a lifelong commitment to the present and future of the University. Here are some of the ways you can stay connected to your alma mater:
- Mentor a student through the Lerner Executive Mentoring Program.
- Participate in the Horn Entrepreneurship’s Free Lunch Friday.
- Guest-judge alumni, student and faculty business pitches during the annual President’s Forum on Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Collaborate with the Lerner Career Services Center to identify an internship or other educational opportunity for a student.
- Guest lecture in a college classroom or speak to one of our many student organizations.
- Serve as a judge for the annual Carol A. Ammon MBA Case Competition.
- Support Lerner leadership through participation on boards and councils, including the New York City (NYC) Dean’s Advisory Council, the Advisory Board and the Alumni Advisory Board.
One of the many ways Lerner College fosters alumni engagement is by recognizing excellence. The prestigious Alumni Award of Excellence is presented each year to a select few alumni who have exhibited exceptional accomplishments. Nominations are solicited from alumni and the University community, and selection is based on professional accomplishments, contribution to the community and commitment to excellence.
Congratulations to our 2019 recipients:
- Steven W. Dempsey, ’90, B.S., Business Administration
- Nicole Jeter West, ’99, B.S., Business Administration
- Chris Mauthe, ’91, B.S., Accounting
- C. Taylor Pickett, Esq., ’84, B.S. Accounting
Rising Star Award:
- Joseph Staab, ’08, B.S. Accounting
Lerner’s newest alumni accolade, the Rising Star Alumni Award, recognizes recent alumni who exemplify the qualities and spirit of our Alumni Awards of Excellence. The first Rising Star Award was presented to Esther Sportello, ‘12.
- Outstanding Lifelong Lerner: Maria Gunther - In 2017, Trellist’s Maria Gunther was part of the inaugural class of participants of the Women's Leadership Forum, a program run by the Women’s Leadership Initiative. Gunther, who joined Trellist as a design contractor in 2005, was promoted to Trellist’s CEO in 2021.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2021! - Congratulations to the University of Delaware's Lerner College Class of 2021! In this video, 16 graduating students say "thank you" to those who helped them along the path to this great achievement.
- A Message to the Class of 2021 from Lerner Leadership - The leadership of the University of Delaware's Lerner College congratulates the graduating Class of 2021 for their success and accomplishments for the Lerner College Virtual Convocation.
For more information on Lerner alumni relations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.