Charles R. Link
Title Bank of America Professor of Business & Professor of Economics
Office 408 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D. in economics, University of Wisconsin, 1971
- M.A. in economics, University of Wisconsin, 1968
- B.A. in economics, University of Missouri, 1966
- “Classmates’ Effects on Black Student Achievement in Public School Classrooms,” with J. Mulligan. Economics of Education Review, 1991, pp. 297-311.
- “A Panel Analysis of Student Mathematics Achievement in the U.S. in the 1990s: Does Increasing the Amount of Time in Learning Activities Affect Math Achievement?” with Tevik Aksoy. Economics of Education Review, July, 2000.
- “The Shortage of Registered Nurses and Some New Estimates of the Effects of Wages on RN Labor Supply: A Look at the Past and a Preview of the 21st Century,” with Yvana Chiha. Health Policy, vol. 64, 2003, pp. 349-375.
- “The Relationship between Economic Status and Child Health: Evidence from the U.S.,” with Simon Condliffe. American Economic Review, vol. 98, 2008 pp. 1605-1618.
- “Population and Bandwagon Effects on Local Team Revenues in Major League Baseball,” with Daniel Brown. Journal of Sports Economics, Vol. 9, 2008, number 5, pp. 470-487.
- “Contract Length and Salaries: Compensating Wage Differentials,” with Martin Yosifov. Journal of Sports Economics, February 2012, Vol. 13, number 1, pp. 3-19.
- “The Success and Failure of Counseling Agency Debt Repayment Plans,” with Dan Brown and Mike Staten. Eastern Economic Journal, January 2012, pp. 99-117.
- “Cumulative Effects on Weight Due to an Initial Occupational Choice as a Blue Collar Worker,” with Bogdan Nedanov. Eastern Economic Journal, vol. 4, pp. 430-442.
- “Moneyball After 10 Years: How Have Major League Baseball Salaries Adjusted?” with Dan Brown and Seth Rubin. Journal of Sports Economics, October 2015.
- “Does Option Theory Hold for Major League Baseball Contracts?” with Alex Gross. Economic Inquiry, January 2017.
Awards & Honors
- Named The Bank of America Professor of Business in 2002
- Outstanding Teacher Award in 1995 in the Department of Economics
- University of Delaware Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award in 2000
- Outstanding Teacher Award in 2014 for the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics
- Grants received from: Unidel Foundation, University of Delaware; University of Delaware Research Foundation, State of Delaware; U.S. Department of Labor; U.S.
- PI or investigator – externally funded research grants.
- PI – grants from UD and affiliated sources.
Download Charles R. Link’s CV (PDF)