Christine T. Kydd
Title Professor Emeritus of Operations Management
Office 223 Alfred Lerner Hall
- Ph.D. in decision sciences, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1984
- M.B.A. in quantitative systems analysis/MIS, Drexel University, 1977
- B.A. in mathematics, Bucknell University, 1973
- Ferry, Diane, Kydd, Christine and Boyles, Corinne (2012), “Creating the Global Graduate: A Cross-Cultural Videoconferencing Case Study,” Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 139-164.
- Kydd, C. (2012) “The Effectiveness of Using a Web-Based Applet to Teach Concepts of Linear Programming: An Experiment in Active Learning,” INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 78–88.
- Serva, Mark A., Baroudi, Jack J. and Kydd, Christine (2009). “The Effects of Stereotype Threat on MIS Students: Are Our Female Students Underperforming?” Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 142-150.
- Kydd, Christine. and Ferry, Diane. (2009) “Exploring Business Issues in High Tech Fields Using Collaborative Electronic Meeting Tools,” Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 155-161.
- Antil, John and Kydd, Christine, (2008) “From the Ground Up: Learning Through Immersion in Business,” Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 167-172.
- Ferry, D., Kydd, C., and Sawyer, J. “Measuring Facets of Media Richness,” The Journal of Computer Information Systems, 41(4), 2001, 69-78.
- Sawyer, J., Ferry, D., and Kydd, C., “Learning About and From Group Support Systems,” Journal of Management Education, 25(3), 2001, 352-371.
- Morrison, J.L., Kim, H.S. and Kydd, C.T., “Student Preferences for Cybersearch Strategies: Impact On Critical Evaluation of Sources,” Journal of Education for Business, Vol. 73, No. 5, May/June, 1998, pp. 264-268.
- Atkinson, M. and C.T. Kydd, “Individual Characteristics Associated with World Wide Web Use: An Empirical Study of Playfulness and Motivation,” DataBase: The DataBase for Advances in Information Systems, 28(2), Spring, 1997, pp. 53-62.
- Kydd, C. T. and D. L. Ferry, “Managerial Use of Video Tele-Conferencing,” Information and Management, 27(1994), 369-375.
Awards & Honors
- Received Student Choice Award for Excellence in Teaching, Lerner College of Business & Economics, 2012
- Received Outstanding Associate Editor for the Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 2012
- Received Delaware Professor of the Year Award, awarded by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Council for Advancement and Support of Education, 2003
- Nominated for the US Professor of the Year award by the University of Delaware from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Council for Advancement and Support of Education, 2003
- Received University of Delaware Excellence-in-Teaching Award, 1995