Title Professor of Economics, Associate Chair - Graduate Programs
Office 410 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D. in economics, University of Minnesota, 1979
- M.A. in economics, University of Minnesota, 1975
- B.A. in economics, University of Chicago with General Honors, 1973
“Diffusion of Steam-Powered Firefighting Equipment in the United States: Innovation Adoption at the Municipal Level ” with James G. Mulligan and Burton A. Abrams, Economics of Innovation and New Technology, (forthcoming).
- “Financial System Development and Economic Growth in Transition Economies: New Empirical Evidence from the CEE and CIS Countries,” with Laura Cojocaru, Saul D. Hoffman and Jeffrey B. Miller, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 52, 1 (2016), pp. 223-236.
- “Child Schooling, Child Health and Rainfall Shocks: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,” with Thuan Q. Thai,Journal of Development Studies, 50, 7 (July 2014), pp. 1025-1037.
- “Misclassification of the Dependent Variable in Binary Choice Models: Evidence from Five Latin American Countries,” Applied Economics, 43, 11 (2011), pp. 1315-1327.
- “Vintage Effects and the Diffusion of Time-Saving Technological Innovations,” with Nilotpal Das and James G. Mulligan, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 9, 1 (Advances), Article 23, (2009).
- “A Quantile Regression Analysis of Wages in Panama,” Review of Development Economics, 12, 3 (August 2008), pp. 498-514.
- “Private and Public Sector Wages in Bulgaria,” Journal of Comparative Economics, 32, 1 (March 2004), pp. 56-72.
- “The Effect of Survey Attrition in Longitudinal Surveys: Evidence from Peru, Côte d’Ivoire and Vietnam,” Journal of Development Economics, 70, 1 (February 2003), pp. 133-157.
- “Survey Attrition and Schooling Choices,” with H. Elizabeth Peters, Journal of Human Resources, 33, 2 (Spring 1998), pp. 531-554.
- “Responses of Female Labor Supply and Fertility to the Demographic Cycle,” with H. Elizabeth Peters,Research in Population Economics, 8 (1996), pp. 63-89.
Download Evangelos Falaris’s CV (PDF)