Gang Wang is an Associate Professor of management information systems (MIS) and Joint Educational Institute (JEI) Research Fellow at the Lerner College of Business & Economics, the University of Delaware. He received his Ph.D. degree in operations and information management from the University of Connecticut. His research interests include online social influence, multi-sided e-markets and digital transformation and regulation. His research has been published in MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Decision Support Systems and other premier academic journals. He currently serves as an associate editor at Decision Support Systems. He also served as a guest senior editor at Production and Operations Management.
- Ph.D. in operations and information management, University of Connecticut, U.S.
- M.E. in management science and engineering, Nankai University, China
- B.S. in management information systems, Nankai University, China
- “The Role of On-Demand Delivery Platforms in Restaurants”, with Z. Li. Under Review at Management Science.
- “The Impact of Process- Versus Outcome-Oriented Reviews on the Sales of Healthcare Services”, with H. Li, J. Peng, and X. Bai. Under Review at Information Systems Research.
- “Regulating Powerful Platforms: Evidence from Commission Fee Caps in On-Demand Services”, with Z. Li. Revise & Resubmit at Information Systems Research.
- “More than a Gimmick? Empirical Evidence of Service Robots’ Impact on Customer Demand”, with S. Yang, X. Chang, X. Wu, and H. J. Wang. Under Review at Management Science.
- “Peer Effects in Competitive Environments: Field Experiments on Information Provision and Interventions”, with Z. Li and H. J. Wang. MIS Quarterly, 45 (1):163-191, 2021.
- “The Effects of Consumer Animosity on Demand for Sharing-based Accommodations: Evidence from Airbnb”, with Y. Li, B. Li and S. Yang. Decision Support Systems, 140: 113430, 2021
- “A Note on the Impact of Daily Deals on Local Retailers’ Online Reputation: Mediation Effects of the Consumer Experience”, with X. Bai, J. R. Marsden and W.T. Ross, Jr. Information Systems Research, 31 (4), 1132-1143, 2020.
- “How e-WOM and Local Competition Drive Local Retailers’ Decisions about Daily Deal Offerings”, with X. Bai, J. R. Marsden and W.T. Ross, Jr. Decision Support Systems.101: 82-94, 2017.
- “Understanding Crowdfunding Processes: a Dynamic Evaluation and Simulation Approach”, with Y. Yang, and HJ., Wang. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research. 17 (1), 2016.
- “Relationships among Minimum Requirements, Facebook likes, Groupon Deal Outcomes”, with X. Bai, J. R. Marsden and W.T. Ross, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS). 6 (3):9, 2015.
Awards & Honors
- The Joint Educational Institute (JEI) Fellow, University of Delaware, 2022.
- Excellence in Research Award, Department of Accounting & MIS, University of Delaware, 2020.
- PI, “Impacts of Social Influence on Consumer Consideration Set Formation and Choice,” General University Research Grant, University of Delaware, (2017).
- Co-PI, “Understanding and Improving Teaching and Learning at UD using LMS Clickstream Data: A Process-mining Approach,” University of Delaware Transformation Grant, 2017 .
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium, Auckland, New Zealand, 2014.
- School of Business Doctoral Student Teaching Award, UConn, 2014.
- OPIM Department Doctoral Student Teaching Award, UConn, 2013 and 2014.
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award, Graduate School of UConn, 2012.