Title Professor - School of Marine Science and Policy
Office 204 Robinson Hall
Phone (302) 831-6891
- Ph.D. in economics, University of Wisconsin, 1985
- A.B. in economics, Indiana University, 1975
- Parsons, G. (2017). Travel cost models. In Champ, P., Boyle, K., and Brown, T. (Eds.) A Primer on Non-Market Valuation. Second Edition. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Parsons, G. & Myers, K. (2016) Fat tails and truncated bids in contingent valuation: an application to an endangered bird species. Ecological Economics, 129, 210-219.
- Parsons, G., Hidrue, M., Kempton, W., & Gardner, M. (2014). Willingness to pay for vehicle- to-grid (V2G) electric vehicles and their contract terms. Energy Economics, 42, 313-324
- Parsons, G., Chen, Z, Hidrue, M., Standing, N., & J. Lilley. (2013). Valuing beach width for recreational use combining revealed and stated preference data. Marine Resource Economics, 28(3), 221-241.
- Hidrue, M., Parsons, G., Kempton, W., & Gardner, M. (2011). Willingness to pay for electric vehicles and their attributes. Resource and Energy Economics, 33, 686-705.
- Krueger, A., Parsons, G., & Firestone, J. (2011). Valuing the visual dis-amenity of offshore wind projects at varying distances from the shore: an application to Delaware’s shoreline. Land Economics, 87(2), 268-283.
Awards & Honors
- Past Associate Editor: Journal of Environmental Economics & Management, Marine Resource Economics
- Grants: National Science Foundation, 2013-18; Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 2012-16; and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2014-2016
- Board of Directors, Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis, 2016
- Scientific Advisory Board, US Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Economics Committee, 2008–2014