Gregory D. Kane
Title Professor of Accounting
Office 212 Purnell Hall
Phone (302) 831-6826
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.S. in accounting, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.A, Shepherd College, WV
- Certified Public Accountant (WV)
- Kane, G., F. Richardson and U. Velury, “Heuristic Partitioning and The Prediction of Corporate Financial Distress Advances in Financial Forecasting and Planning” (Forthcoming).
- Kane, G., Jenkins, D., Velury, U. (2009) “Earnings Conservatism and Value-Relevance Across the Business Cycle.” Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 36(9-10): 1041-1058.
- Kane, G., Velury, U. (2009) “The Association Between Institutional Ownership and the Likelihood of the Firm Reporting Non-Recurring Charges.” Corporate Ownership and Control 7(1): 363-369.
- Kane, G., D. Jenkins and U. Velury, “Earnings Conservatism and Audit Quality: An Examination of the Late 1990s” Journal of Forensic Accounting Vol VIII (2007) 287-30
- Kane, G., Jenkins, D., Velury, U. (2007) “Earnings Conservatism and Audit Quality: An Examination of the Late 1990s” Journal of Forensic Accounting VIII: 287-30.
- Kane, G., U. Velury and F. Richardson, “The Relevance of Stock and Flow-Based Reporting Information In Assessing the Likelihood of Emergence From Corporate Financial Distress,” Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting v26 #1 (Feb 2006)5-22.
- Kane, G., and D. Jenkins, “A Contextual Analysis of Income and Asset-based Approaches to Private Equity Valuation,” Accounting Horizons v20 #1 (2006) 19-35.
- Kane, G., U. Velury and D. Jenkins, “Earnings Quality Decline and the Effect of Industry Specialist Auditors: An Analysis of the Late 1990s,” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy v25 #1 (2006) 71-90.
- Kane, G., U. Velury and B. Ruf, “Employee Relations and The Occurrence of Corporate Financial Distress,” Journal of Business Finance and Accounting v32 #5&6 June/July (2005) pp. 1083-1105.
- Kane, G., U. Velury and D. Jenkins “The Impact of Managerial Ownership on the Likelihood of Provision of High Quality Audit Services,” Review of Accounting and Finance Vol 4, #2 2004 pp. 86-106.
Awards & Honors
- Coordinator of M.S. in accounting and 4+1 program, 2007 – present
- Outstanding Research Award, University of Delaware, College of Business and Economics, 1998
- Beta Alpha Psi Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware, 1998
- General University Research Grant, University of Delaware, 1998
- American Accounting Association Financial Reporting Section, American Accounting Association