Guido L. Geerts
Title Professor of Accounting, EY Faculty Scholar
Office 208 Purnell Hall
Phone (302) 831-6413
- Ph.D. in accounting information systems, Free University Brussels, Belgium
- B.A. in economics, Free University Brussels, Belgium
- “A Supply Chain of Things: The Eaglet Ontology for Highly Visible Supply Chains” Decision Support Systems, forthcoming (with Dan O’Leary).
- “Integrating Information Technology Into Accounting Research” Accounting Horizons, forthcoming (with Lynford Graham, Elaine Mauldin, William McCarthy, and Vernon Richardson).
- “Ontology Driven Business Rule Specification” Journal of Information Systems, forthcoming (with Frederik Gailly).
- “A Design Science Research Methodology and its Application to Accounting Information Systems Research.” International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Volume 12, 2011, pp. 142-151.
- “Guest Editorial on REA Enterprise Systems,” Journal of Information Systems, Volume 22, No. 2, Fall 2008, pp. 215-217.
- “KaDo: An Advanced Enterprise Modeling, Database Design, Database Implementation, and Information Retrieval Case for the Accounting Information Systems Class,” Journal of Information Systems, Volume 22, No. 2, Fall 2008, pp. 141-150 (with Kinsun Tam).
- “The Timeless Way of Building REA Enterprise Systems,” Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, Volume 4, 2007, pp. 161-182 (with Harry Wang).
- “Using Blog Technology for Collaborative Learning of Accounting and Corporate Governance Issues: Design and Implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Blog,” The Review of Business Information Systems, Volume 11, No. 3, Third Quarter 2007, pp. 75- 84 (with Winnifred Scott).
- “Policy-Level Specifications in REA Enterprise Information Systems,” Journal of Information Systems, Volume 20, No. 2, Fall 2006, pp. 37-63 (with William McCarthy).
- “Blogging 101 for CPAs,” The CPA Journal, July 2005, pp. 12-13 (with Myunghee Kim).
Awards & Honors
- Chair Pathways Commission Recommendation 4 (Curriculum and Pedagogy) Task Force 3 (Technology)
- American Accounting Association Pre-Conference Workshops and Symposia Team, Team Leader, 2013
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics, May 2013
- Outstanding Contribution to Research Award, AAA Strategic and Emerging Technologies Section, August 2012
- Associate editor, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, starting 2014
- Associate editor, Journal of Information Systems
- Guest editor, Special Issue on Business Process Modeling, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems
- Guest editor, Special Issue on Enterprise Ontologies, Journal of Information Systems
- Editorial board, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting
- Editorial board, AIS Educator Journal