Title Assistant Professor of Finance
Office 313 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D. in finance, University of Toronto
- M.S. in finance, University of British Columbia
- M.S. in mechanical engineering, University of Alberta
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- Why Are Bidder Termination Provisions Included In Takeovers?, (with Zhiyao Chen, Aazam Virani and Xiaofei Zhao), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Does Independent Advice to the Board Affect CEO Compensation?, (with Tor-Erik Bakke), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2021, 56(2) 693-744.
- Performance Peer Groups in CEO Compensation Contracts, (with Tor-Erik Bakke and Ashley Newton), Financial Management, 2020, 49(4) 997-1027.
- Collective Action and Governance Activism, (with Craig Doidge, Alexander Dyck and Aazam Virani), Review of Finance, 2019, 23(5) 893-933.
- The Causal Effect of Option Pay on Corporate Risk Management (with Tor-Erik Bakke, Chitru Fernando and Jesus Salas), Journal of Financial Economics, 2016, 120, 623-643.
- Corporate Payout Policy, Cash Savings, and The Cost of Consistency: Evidence from a Structural Estimation (with Michael Pavlin), Financial Management, 2013, 42(4) 843-874.