He Gao received her Ph.D. in strategic management from Arizona State University. Her research is centered on competitive dynamics, strategic leadership and strategic change. She is particularly interested in how top managers use language to influence competitors and stakeholders. Her research has been published in Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management, Journal of Applied Psychology and Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. Prior to joining University of Delaware, she was on faculty at Michigan State University.
- Ph.D. in strategic management, Arizona State University
- Kim, J., Lee, H., Gao, H., & Johnson, R. 2021. When CEOs are all about themselves: Perceived CEO narcissism and middle managers’ workplace behaviors amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Applied Psychology, 106(9), 1283-1298.
- Gao, H., Yu, T., & Cannella, A. A. Jr. 2017. Understanding word responses in competitive dynamics. Academy of Management Review, 42: 129-144.
- Gao, H., Yu, T., & Cannella, A. A. Jr. 2016. The use of public language in strategy: A multidisciplinary review and research agenda. Journal of Management, 42: 21–54.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Paper Award in the Strategic Management Division of the Academy of Management, 2023