Hemant V. Kher is a professor of operations management in the Department of Business Administration at the University of Delaware. He has a Ph.D. in production & operations management from the University of South Carolina, a masters in industrial administration from Lynchburg College, and a B.Sc. in physics from Bombay University. Before pursuing graduate studies, he worked in the Quality Control and Production Planning departments at Amforge Industries in Mumbai, India. He has consulted with several firms on operations issues. He has published his research in Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Decision Sciences, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of Operations Management, Multivariate Behavioral Research, Omega – The International Journal of Management Science, and many other journals.
- Ph.D in production & operations management, University of South Carolina, SC
- M.Ad. in industrial administration, Lynchburg College, VA
- B.Sc. in physics, Bombay University
- Kher, H. V., Kydd, C. T., O’Brien, T. M. (accepted for publication, 2016). Evolution of Product Quality in European, Japanese and US Automotive Firms: An Exploratory Longitudinal Analysis. Omega: The International Journal of Management Science.
- Elliott, D. J., Williams, K. D., Wu, P., Kher, H. V., Barret, M., Reinbold, N., Coletti, C., Patel, B. J., Dressler, R. M. (2015). An Interdepartmental Care Model to Expedite Admission from the Emergency Department to the Medical ICU. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, Vol. 41, No. 12, 542-549.
- Fleischhacker, A. J., Chen, B., Kher, H. V., Mazal, M., and Pfender, W. (2015). Capacity Planning in the Presence of Sequence Dependent Setups at AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Interfaces, Vol. 45, No. 4, 358-362.
- Downey, J. P., and Kher, H. V. (2015). A Longitudinal Examination of the Effects of Computer Self-efficacy Growth on Performance during Technology Training. Journal of Information Technology and Education: Research, Vol. 14, pp. 91-111.
- Beldona, S., and Kher, H. V. (2015). The Impact of Customer Sacrifice and Attachment Styles on Perceived Hospitality (Note: authors listed alphabetically; both contributed equally to the paper). Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 355-368.
- Beldona, S., Miller, B. L., Francis, T., and Kher, H. V. (2015). Commoditization in the US Lodging Industry: Industry and Customer Perspectives. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 298-308.
- Kher, H. V., and Serva, M. A. (2014). Changing the Way we Study Change: Advocating Longitudinal Research in MIS. The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 45-60.
- Hancock, G. R., Mao, X., and Kher, H. V. (2013). On Latent Growth Models for Composites and their Constituents. Multivariate Behavioral Research, Vol. 48, pp. 619-638.
- Kher, H. V., Downey, J. P., and Monk, E. (2013). A Longitudinal Examination of Computer Self-Efficacy Changes during Training. Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, pp. 1816-1824.
- Serva, M. A., Kher, H. V., and Jean-Philippe Laurenceau (2011). Using Latent Growth Modeling to Understand Longitudinal Effects in MIS Theory: A Primer, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 28, No. 1, 213-232.
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Scholarship Award, Department of Business Administration, UD, 2014
- Research collaboration agreement between University of Delaware and AstraZeneca, titled: “Formulation Capacity Modeling,” 2013
- Research collaboration agreement between University of Delaware and JP Morgan Chase. Topic: “Using Metrics for Continuous Improvement in Application Delivery Processes,” 2012
- MBA Teaching Award, 2007
- Stanley T Hardy award for Best Paper in Operations Management, 2003
- University of Delaware Summer Research Grant, summers 2000-03, 2005-07
- Best theoretical paper in the POM track at the NEDSI conference, 2000