Title Associate Professor of Finance
Office 317 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D. in financial economics, MIT, 2009
- B.S. in operations research, Columbia University, 2003
- “Systematic default and return predictability in the stock and bond markets,” with Kewei Hou and Shaojun Zhang, 2023, Journal of Financial Economics 149, 349-377.
- “The Volcker Rule and corporate bond market-making in times of stress,” with Maureen O’Hara and Xing (Alex) Zhou, 2018, Journal of Financial Economics 130, 95-113.
- “De Facto Seniority, Credit Risk, and Corporate Bond Prices,” with Kewei Hou, 2017, Review of Financial Studies 30, 4038-4080.
- “Bond Illiquidity and Excess Volatility,” with Jun Pan, 2013, Review of Financial Studies 26, 3068-3103.
- “Do Investment Banks Matter for M&A Returns?” with Alex Edmans, 2011, Review of Financial Studies 24, 2286-2315.
- “The Illiquidity of Corporate Bonds,” with Jun Pan and Jiang Wang, 2011, Journal of Finance 66, 911-946.
Awards & Honors
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2020
- Review of Financial Studies, Distinguished Referee Award, 2019
- Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business, Outstanding SMF (Specialized Master’s in Finance) Professor, 2012