Jing He is an assistant professor of accounting at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware. Dr. He’s research focuses primarily on financial reporting and corporate disclosure. Her research develops novel disclosure measures, examines the influence of managerial incentives on financial reporting, investigates capital market consequences of corporate reporting and disclosure and applies machine learning in analyzing financial documents. She teaches financial reporting and analysis in the University of Delaware Lerner MBA program. Dr. He earned her master’s in accounting from the Ohio State University and her Ph.D. in accounting from the University of Utah.
Dr. He’s research has been published in top-tier academic journals, including Review of Accounting Studies, Management Science and MIS Quarterly. She receives the 2022 Department of Accounting & MIS Excellence in Research Award.
- Ph.D. in accounting, University of Utah
- He, J. and D. Lee. (Forthcoming). Say More to Return Less? Disclosure Subsequent to Successful Technological Innovation. Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Zhao, X., X. Fang, J. He, and L. Huang. (2022). Exploiting Expert Knowledge for Assigning Firms to Industries: A Novel Deep Learning Method. Accepted for publication, MIS Quarterly.
- He, J. (2022). Executive Network Centrality and Corporate Reporting. Management Science, 68(2), 1512-1536.
- He, J. and M. Plumlee. (2020). Measuring Disclosure Using 8-K Filings. Review of Accounting Studies, 25(3): 903-962.
- He, J., M. Plumlee, and H. Wen. (2019). Voluntary Disclosure, Mandatory Disclosure, and Cost of Capital. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 46: 307-335.
Awards & Honors
- Department of Accounting and MIS Excellence in Research Award, 2022
- Best Reviewer Award for Hawaii Accounting Research Conference, 2020
- Best Paper Award, INFORMS Workshop on Data Science, 2019
- Graduate Research Fellowship, David Eccles School of Business, 2010-2015
- School of Accounting Doctoral Student Teaching Excellence Award, University of Utah, 2014
- AAA/ Deloitte/ J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2014
- Graduate Travel Assistance Award, University of Utah, 2014