Jinwei Cao is an Associate Professor of MIS and Director of MS Business Analytics and Information Management in the Lerner College of Business & Economics at the University of Delaware. Her research focuses on social computing, technology mediated learning and knowledge management. She has published in scholarly journals including Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Business Research and Communications of the Association for Information Systems. She has also co-chaired or served as associated editors for conferences including Americas Conference on Information Systems, International Conference on Information Systems and China Summer Workshop on Information Management.
- Ph.D. in management information systems, University of Arizona
- M.S. in electrical engineering, Communication University of China
- B.S. in electrical engineering, Communication University of China
- Wang, Z., Sharma, P. N., and Cao, J. (2016). From Knowledge Sharing to Firm Performance: A Predictive Model Comparison. Journal of Business Research (JBR). 69(10), 4650-4658.
- Cao, J., Basoglu, A., Sheng, H., and Lowry, P. (2015). A Systematic Review of Social Networks Research in Information Systems: Building a Foundation for Exciting Future Research. Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS). 36(37), 727-758.
- Lowry, P., Cao, J., and Everard, A. (2011). Privacy Concerns versus Desire for Interpersonal Awareness Driving the Use of Self-Disclosure Technologies: The Case of Instant Messaging in Two Cultures. Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS). 27(4), 163-200.
- Li, J., Zhang, P., and Cao, J. (2009). External Concept Support for Group Support Systems Through Web Mining. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST). 60(5), 1057-1070.
- Cao, J., Crews, J. M., Lin, M., Burgoon, J. K., and Nunamaker, J. F. Jr. (2008). An Empirical Investigation of Virtual Interaction in Supporting Learning. The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems (DATA BASE). 39(3), 51-68.
- Cao, J., Crews, J. M., Lin, M., Deokar, A., Nunamaker, J. F. Jr., and Burgoon, J. K. (2006). Interactions Between System Evaluation and Theory Testing: A Demonstration of the Power of a Multifaceted Approach to Information Systems Research. Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS). 22(4), 207-235.
Awards & Honors
- Faculty Excellence in Research Award – Department of Accounting and MIS, 2011
- Lester W. Chadwick Excellence in Teaching Award – Department of Accounting & MIS, 2009