Joanne Jung-Eun Yoo
Joanne Jung-Eun Yoo is an associate professor in the Department of Hospitality and Sport Business Management. Prior to joining the University of Delaware in 2010, she was an assistant professor at the University Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management.
Dr. Yoo has several years of tourism/hospitality industry experience across the globe. She worked for Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) in Thailand as an assistant director of the Strategic Intelligence Center. Previously, she worked as an inflight interpreter for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines in the Netherlands.
Her educational background is also very global – she has earned degrees in South Korea (BA), Australia (MBA) and Hong Kong (Ph.D.)
As an HSBM faculty member, she teaches cross-cultural communication and meeting/convention management courses for undergraduates and a data analysis course for graduate students. Her research interests largely focus on tourism/hospitality marketing and convention management, areas in which she has published a number of articles in top tier tourism/hospitality journals including Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, and Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.
Dr. Yoo is a certified hospitality educator (CHE) designated by the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- Ph.D. in hotel and tourism management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Hong Kong
- M.B.A. with concentration in tourism management, Griffith University in Australia
- B.A. in german language and literature, Ewha Womans University in South Korea
- Yoo, J., & Cho, M. (2021). Supply chain flexibility fit and green practices: Evidence from the event industry, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Forthcoming.
- Bonn, M., Chun, Y., Yoo, J., & Cho, M. (2021). Green purchasing by wine retailers: Roles of individual values, competences and organizational culture, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Yoo, J., Newland, B., & Lee, W. (2021). Influencing active sport event tourists’ loyalty to event and destination, Event Management, 24(2-3).
- Yoo, J., Kim, T., & Lee, G. (2015). When customers complain: The value of customer orientation in service recovery, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(4): 411-426.
- Basoglu, A., & Yoo, J. (2015). Soon or later? Effect of time distance on travel decisions, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 32(1): S62-S75.
- Kim, T., Yoo, J., & Lee, G. (2012). Post-recovery customer relationships and customer partnerships in a restaurant setting, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 24(3): 381-401.
- Yoo, J., & Zhao, X. (2010). Revisiting determinants of convention participation decision-making, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 27(2): 179-192.
- Yoo, J., & Chon, K. (2010). Temporal changes in factors affecting convention participation decision, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 22(1): 103-120.
- Yoo, J., & Chon, K. (2008). Factors affecting convention participation decision-making: Developing a measurement scale, Journal of Travel Research, 47(1): 113-122.
- Yoo, J., & Weber, K. (2005). Progress in convention tourism research, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 29(2): 194-222.