Howland Redding is an assistant professor of finance at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. He earned a Ph.D. in Business Administration from Oklahoma State University, an M.S. in Finance from University of Delaware where he received an award for academic excellence and a B.S. in Business Administration from College of Charleston.
Dr. Redding’s primary research interests include behavioral finance and residential real estate investments. His teaching experience covers a variety of finance courses including Principles of Finance, Real Estate Finance, Investments, Capital Markets and International Finance.
Dr. Redding’s professional experience includes being CFO of a commercial property management firm as well as ownership of multiple residential rental properties. He also has experience flipping houses in northern Delaware.
- Ph.D in business administration, Oklahoma State University
- M.S. in finance, University of Delaware
- B.S. in business administration, College of Charleston
- Redding, IV, Howland, Todd Arnold, Justin Lawrence, and John Stocker, 2023, “The Financial Performance of College-Town Residential Real Estate During a Bear Market,” Real Estate Finance, 40:1, 35-48.
Awards & Honors
- Academic Excellence Award, University of Delaware, 2016