Title Associate Professor of Economics, Associate Chair - Graduate Programs
Office 452 Purnell Hall
Phone (302) 831-3807
- Ph.D. in economics, Yale University, 2015
- M.Phil. in economics, Yale University, 2011
- M.A., in economics, Yale University, 2011
- B.A. in economics and mathematics, Magna cum Laude, Wellesley College, 2007
- Engaging Teachers with Technology Increased Achievement, Bypassing Teachers Did Not (with Adrienne M. Lucas, Waqas Halim, and Umar Saif), forthcoming American Economic Journal: Economic Policy.
- Digitization and Development: Property Rights and Land and Labor Markets, forthcoming Journal of the European Economic Association.
- Health Knowledge and Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Africa (with Anne Fitzpatrick, Laura Derksen, Anne Karing, Jason Kerwin, Adrienne Lucas, Natalia Reynoso and Munir Squires), forthcoming Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Gender Bias in Performance Assessments: Evidence from Teachers (with Anne Fitzpatrick and Adrienne Lucas). In American Economic Association, Papers and Proceedings, 111, 190-95, May 2021.
- Rule-of-Thumb’ Instructions to Improve Fertilizer Management? Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh (with Mahnaz Islam). Economic Development and Cultural Change, 70 (1), October 2021.
- Tenancy and clientelism. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 186, 201-226. 2021
- Favoritism and flooding: Political alignment and allocation of irrigation water. World Development, 114, 175-195. 2019
Awards & Honors
- Georg W. Leitner Program in International and Comparative Political Economy Award, 2014
- Sasakawa Research Award, 2014
- Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship, 2012
Download Sabrin Beg’s CV (PDF)