Srikanth Beldona is a professor, chair and the graduate director in the Department of Hospitality and Sport Business Management at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. He earned his Ph.D. from Purdue University and an MBA from the University of Newcastle, Australia. His focus of research is in consumer psychology as it relates to hospitality-based experiences and digital marketing in hospitality and travel. He has published over 65 articles/papers that have appeared in journals such as the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Journal of Travel Research, Tourism Management and the International Journal of Hospitality Management among others. He was the guest editor for the Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing’s 2008 special issue titled “The Impact of Technology on the Marketing of Hospitality and Travel Services.”
Beldona is a member of the Editorial Board for the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. He was honored as one of 2015’s Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Marketing by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI). He has been interviewed and cited on hospitality and travel trends in leading publications such as the Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe and the LA Times, among others. He has also has conducted several executive development programs in the US, the Caribbean, Europe, Australia and India in the domain of hospitality marketing and customer service management.
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- MBA, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Liu, Y. and Beldona, S. (2021). Extracting revisit intentions from social media big data: a rule-based classification model. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-06-2020-0592
- Beldona, S., Kher, H.V., & Bernard, S. (2020). Do Guest Personal Values Impact the Perceived Hospitality Performance?, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 87 (May), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2019.102384
- Riasi, A., Schwartz, Z., & Beldona, S. (2019). Hotel Overbooking Taxonomy: Who and How? International Journal of Hospitality Management, 82, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2019.03.018
- Buhalis, D., Harwood, T., Bogicevic, V., Viglia, G., Beldona, S., & Hofacker, C. (2019). Technological Disruptions in Services: Lessons from Tourism and Hospitality, Journal of Service Management, 30(4), 484-506. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-12-2018-0398
- Beldona, S., Schwartz, Z., & Zhang, X. (2018). Evaluating Hotel Guest Technologies: Does Home Matter?, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(5), 2327-2342. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-03-2017-0148
- Beldona, S & Kher, H.V. (2015). The Impact of Customer Sacrifice and Attachment Styles on Perceived Hospitality. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(4), 355-368.
- Beldona, S., Miller, B.L., Francis, T & Kher, H.V. (2014). Commoditization in the US Lodging Industry: Industry and Customer Perspectives. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(3), 298-308.
- Beldona, S., Buchanan, N. & Miller, B.L. (2014). Exploring the Promise of E-Tablet Menus. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 26(3), 367-382.
- Beldona, S. (2005). Cohort Analysis of Online Travel Information Search Behavior: 1995-2000.Journal of Travel Research, 44, 135-142.
- Beldona, S., Morrison, A.M., & O’Leary, J. (2005). Online Shopping Motivations and Pleasure Travel Products: A Correspondence Analysis. Tourism Management, 26(4), 561-570.