Srikanth Beldona is a professor and the graduate director in the Department of Hospitality Business Management at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. He earned his Ph.D. from Purdue University and an MBA from the University of Newcastle, Australia. His focus of research is in consumer psychology as it relates to hospitality-based experiences and digital marketing in hospitality and travel. He has published over 65 articles/papers that have appeared in journals such as the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Journal of Travel Research, Tourism Management and the International Journal of Hospitality Management among others. He was the guest editor for the Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing’s 2008 special issue titled “The Impact of Technology on the Marketing of Hospitality and Travel Services.”
Beldona is a member of the Editorial Board for the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. He was honored as one of 2015’s Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Marketing by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI). He has been interviewed and cited on hospitality and travel trends in leading publications such as the Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe and The Washington Post. He has also has conducted several executive development programs in the US, the Caribbean, Europe, Australia and India in the domain of hospitality marketing and customer service management.
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- MBA, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Beldona, S & Kher, H.V. (2015). The Impact of Customer Sacrifice and Attachment Styles on Perceived Hospitality. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(4), 355-368.
- Beldona, S., Miller, B.L., Francis, T & Kher, H.V. (2014). Commoditization in the US Lodging Industry: Industry and Customer Perspectives. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(3), 298-308.
- Beldona, S., Buchanan, N. & Miller, B.L. (2014). Exploring the Promise of E-Tablet Menus. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 26(3), 367-382.
- Beldona, S. (2005), Cohort Analysis of Online Travel Information Search Behavior: 1995-2000. Journal of Travel Research, 44, 135-142.
- Beldona, S., Morrison, A.M., & O’Leary, J. (2005), Online Shopping Motivations and Pleasure Travel Products: A Correspondence Analysis. Tourism Management, 26(4), 561-570.
- Beldona, S., & Kwansa, F. (2008). The Impact of Cultural Orientation on Perceived Fairness of Demand Based Pricing, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27(4), 594-603.
- Beldona, S & Cobanoglu, C. (2007). Importance-Performance Analysis of Guest Technologies in the Lodging Industry. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 48(3), 299-312.
- Beldona, S., Moreo, A & Mundhra, G. (2010). The Role of Involvement and Variety Seeking in Eating Out Behaviors. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 22(3), 433-444.
- Mills, J.E., Hu, B., Beldona.S., & Clay, J. (2001), Cyberslacking! A wired workplace liability issue, Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 42(5), 34-47.