Stephanie Elizabeth Raible
Stephanie Raible is an assistant professor of social innovation and entrepreneurship at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics’ Department of Business Administration and Horn Entrepreneurship at the University of Delaware. She also serves as UD’s faculty director of the Social Entrepreneurship Initiative, which provides students with curricular and co-curricular opportunities to explore the area of social entrepreneurship.
She has been an entrepreneurship educator since 2012 and has taught and developed curricula across nine academic institutions and non-profits in the United States and Europe. For her high impact contributions to the field and at UD, she has received local, national, and international recognitions, and her work has reached thousands of learners through her recent textbook and her curriculum development and teaching efforts. Her research interests are in the areas of entrepreneurial identity, women’s entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurship education.
- Ed.D. in organizational leadership, Northeastern University, 2018
- M.A. in lifelong learning policy and management, UCL Institute of Education and University of Deusto, 2012
- M.S.Ed. in higher education management, University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- B.A. in Italian studies, University of Delaware, 2005
- Raible, S. E., & Perry, A. K. (Forthcoming). “Universal ethics.” In R. M. McManus, S. J. Ward, & A. Perry (Eds.), Ethical Leadership: A Primer (Second edition). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kucher, J., & Raible, S. E. (2022). Social Entrepreneurship: A Practice-based Approach to Social Innovation. Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Raible, S. E. (2022). “Critical Concrete: Pivot Possibilities for a Sustainable Architecture Social Enterprise.” Case Research Journal, 42(3).
- Raible, S. E., Adeyinka, O., Holtzen, S., & Douglas, M. (2022). “Stakeholder Power Play: Delta Airlines, Voter Rights, and Georgia Senate Bill 202.” The CASE Journal, 18(3), pp. 463-483.
- Raible, S. E. (2022). “Saskia Bruysten: Advocacy, Perseverance, and Vision for Social Business During Challenging Times.” In P. Goodman Hayward, S. Rehman, & Z. Yan (Eds.), Women Community Leaders and their Impact as Global Changemakers. IGI Global.
- Raible, S. E., & Williams Middleton, K. (2021). “The Relatable Entrepreneur: Combating Stereotypes in Entrepreneurship Education.” Industry and Higher Education.
- Raible, S. E., & Ballesteros-Sola, M. (2021). “Go Baby Go: Scaling a Social Movement Around Mobility.” Case Research Journal, 41(3).
Awards & Honors
- International Council for Small Business (ICSB), Excellence in Social Entrepreneurship Award, 2023
- Delaware Business Times, 40 under 40 (“DBT40”), 2022
- Campus Compact-Up to Us, Teaching for a Future of Shared Prosperity, Faculty Participant Awardee, 2021
- Case Research Foundation Paul R. Lawrence Fellow, 2021
- U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Model Emerging Program National Finalist for the UD Social Entrepreneurship Initiative, 2021
- University of Delaware Women’s Entrepreneurship (“WE”) Hatch Honors Circle Honoree, 2021
- State of Delaware Compassionate Champion Award Nominee, 2021
- North American Case Research Association (NACRA) Best Ethics Paper Awardee, 2020
- U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Competitive Experiential Learning Exercise Third Place Award, 2020
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Foundation Faculty Fellow, 2019-20
- U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Teaching and Learning Scholar, 2018-19
- BMW Foundation Responsible Leader, 2016-Current
- Robert Bosch Foundation Program Fellow, 2015-16