Title Assistant Professor of Finance
Office 314 Purnell Hall
Yu Xu is an assistant professor of finance at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. He received his Ph.D. in finance from MIT Sloan in 2015. His research interests include asset pricing, credit risk, international finance, labor and macro-finance. You can find additional information regarding his research on his personal webpage.
- Ph.D. in finance, Massachusetts Institution of Technology
- “Time-varying Risk Premium and Unemployment Risk across Age Groups,” with Indrajit Mitra, Review of Financial Studies, 2020, 33(8): 3624-3673.
- “Systematic Risk, Debt Maturity, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,” with Hui Chen and Jun Yang, forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics.
Awards & Honors
- Early Career Scheme Grant, Hong Kong Research Grants Council, 2016.
- TCW Best Paper Award, China International Conference in Finance, for “Systematic Risk, Debt Maturity, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,” 2012.