1. Application Fee
A $75 application fee is due when you submit your online application.
2. Bachelor’s Degree
A four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required in any academic field from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework are required with your application. Do not mail official transcripts during the applicant stage. An English translation must accompany transcripts issued in a language other than English.
A resume or curriculum vitae is required to document your prior work experience, publications, honors and awards received and to summarize your educational credentials.
Candidates for admission need not have majored in any specific field, but well-qualified students will have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Substantial quantitative coursework and/or hands-on experience with software development
6. GRE or GMAT Scores
GRE and GMAT test scores are both acceptable. You need at least the following scores to be competitive:
- Quantitative: 163
- Verbal + Quantitative: 307
- Quantitative Raw Score: 50
- Total Score: 670
If GRE/GMAT scores are not submitted, the applicant must submit other evidence that demonstrates his/her quantitative and qualitative capabilities and research credentials.
7. Personal Statement
Submit a personal statement or essay which answers the following questions:
- What educational background, scientific research or employment experiences have prepared you for this degree program?
- What are your long-term professional objectives?
- What specific attributes of the program make you feel that this degree is appropriate to help you achieve your professional objectives?
8. Three Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one letter must be from a professor, other letters can be from employers or others who have had a supervisory relationship with you and are able to assess your potential for success in graduate studies.
The recommendation forms are emailed directly from your online application using the three names and email addresses you provide. Instructions for returning the completed forms are included in the email.