Tim Webb is an assistant professor of hospitality & sport business management in the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. He earned his Ph.D. in hospitality and tourism management from Virginia Tech. Dr. Webb has over 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry, holding both operational and corporate level positions. Prior to joining the University of Delaware he worked as a data scientist for Delaware North helping to lead the company’s analytics initiatives. He has worked on a number of innovative projects including pricing strategies for concessions at professional sporting events (MLB, NHL and NFL) and iconic locations such as the Rockefeller Center Ice Rink. His research interests are in the fields of revenue management and analytics for hospitality organizations.
- Ph.D. in hospitality and tourism management, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- M.S. in mathematics, University of Connecticut
- M.S. in applied mathematics, Buffalo State College (SUNY)
- Webb, T., Ma, J., & Cheng, A. (2022). Variable Pricing in Restaurant Revenue Management: A Priority Mixed Bundle Strategy. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 19389655221102387.
- Schwartz, Z., & Webb, T. (2022). Resource similarity, market commonality, and spatial distribution of hotel competitive sets. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 46(4), 724-741.
- Webb, T. (2022). Forecasting at capacity: the bias of unconstrained forecasts in model evaluation. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 1-12.
- Ma, J., Webb, T., & Schwartz, Z. (2021). A blended model of restaurant deliveries, dine-in demand and capacity constraints. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 96, 102981.
- Webb, T., Schwartz, Z., Xiang, Z., & Singal, M. (2020). Revenue management forecasting: the resiliency of advanced booking methods given dynamic booking windows. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 89, 102590.
- Webb, T. (2016). From travel agents to OTAs: How the evolution of consumer booking behavior has affected revenue management. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 15(3), 276-282.
Awards and Honors
- The Joint Educational Institute (JEI) Fellow, University of Delaware, 2022-24
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research Highly Commended Paper Award, 2022
- The Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics Outstanding Junior Faculty Award, 2022
- ICHRIE Conference Best Research Paper Award, 2019
- ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Hospitality and Tourism Case Study Competition Winner, 2014