One Lerner MBA, Endless Opportunity
When it comes to selecting an MBA program, you have hundreds of options. What sets the Lerner College MBA program apart and makes us the best choice for you?
We offer outstanding academics and personalized mentorship combined with a unique and stimulating intellectual environment. Our experience-based approach to learning will help you to master new knowledge and skills, expand your career options and enhance your earning power.
Networks and Partnerships
The Lerner College enjoys active partnerships with many of the country’s top financial institutions like JPMorgan Chase, Bloomberg and KPMG, among others. And, as a Lerner MBA graduate, you will be joining a network of 23,000 alumni around the country and across the world. Connections like these are one of the distinct advantages of the Lerner program.
Top Lerner MBA Employers
Explore the Lerner MBA Curriculum
The 44-credit Lerner MBA is designed to allow you to build a degree that fits your career goals. At the center of the program are the business core courses that give you a rock-solid foundation in business management knowledge and techniques across essential business functions: accounting, analytics, economics, ethics, finance, marketing, operations, organizational behavior and strategy.
Every Lerner MBA student also benefits from two mandatory (one-credit) professional development seminars.
Then, based on your goals, you choose elective courses from one of our MBA Paths.
Required Courses (29 credits)
Business Core Courses
BUAD820 Statistical Data Analysis for Business
BUAD831 Operations Management and Management Science
BUAD840 Ethical Issues in the Business Environment
BUAD870 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
BUAD880 Marketing Management
BUAD890 Corporate Strategy
ECON503 Economic Analysis for Business Policy
FINC850 Financial Management
Professional Development Seminars
BUEC603 Communicating, Branding and Career Networking (1 credit)
Electives (15 credits)
The Lerner MBA includes 15 credits of elective courses. You can choose your own electives for a custom, broad education in business management. Or, you can specialize in a business area by choosing a major or concentration option.
Five electives you select for a broad MBA education
- MBA with major
Five pre-selected electives for depth of study in one area
- MBA with concentration
Three pre-selected electives for concentrated study in one area, plus two electives you select
- MBA with dual concentration
Two concentrations: six pre-selected courses (requires 47 credits)
MBA Format Options
- Full-Time Traditional full-time students take three to four courses per semester and typically finish in two years. Funding opportunities are available for top candidates.
- Part-Time Complete your degree in as little as three years taking one or two courses per semester. Classes are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate your schedule as a working professional.
- Hybrid Need more flexibility? Mix and match classroom-based and online courses to fit your work/life schedule. Complete your degree faster than you would on the traditional part-time plan by taking seven-week online classes along with semester-length courses.
- Online Complete the entire MBA program online, with no need to come to campus. Your instructors are the same top-ranked faculty who teach classroom-based courses. Each year we offer six sessions of seven-week classes, allowing you to complete your degree in as few as 16 months.
Alternative Format Options
Start preparing for your MBA as soon as possible with our Pathways Program, which allows admitted students to take up to three courses in one academic year while preparing for the GMAT.
International Students: Conditional Admission Program (CAP)
The Conditional Admission Program (CAP) gives you the opportunity to improve your English skills at UD’s English Language Institute before beginning the MBA program. Participants who are accepted are not required to take the TOEFL exam.
Dual Master’s Degrees
In today’s global, high-tech business environment, employers seek individuals with expertise in more than one field. The Lerner dual and joint graduate degree programs enable you to combine the strategic business skills of the MBA with a variety of other disciplines.
- MBA / M.S. in Accounting
- MBA / M.A. in Economics
- MBA / M.S. in Finance
- MBA / M.S. in International Business
- MBA / M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management
- MBA/ M.S. in Hospitality, Restaurant and Institutional Management
- MBA/ Master of Chemical Engineering & Biomolecular Engineering
- MBA/ Master of Civil Engineering
- MBA/M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MBA/Master of Materials Science and Engineering
- MBA/M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- MBA/Ph.D. in Biological Sciences / MBA
- MBA/MD Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.