Business Discovery Camp
Lerner Business Discovery Camp will inspire high school students from underrepresented minority populations and first generation college student households to learn about the multi-faceted world of business. Students will see how getting a business degree can put them on the path to success.
The Lerner Business Discovery Camp is offered at no cost to qualifying high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors (15 to 17 years old) and will be held onsite at UD’s Alfred Lerner College Hall. Each day, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., students will meet with our faculty, staff and students to experience what it is like to be a Lerner College student and learn about the variety of job opportunities available upon graduation. The Lerner College will provide daily transportation (from a central pick-up location) to and from our Newark campus, meals and necessary supplies.
Example of topics and activities:
- The different fields and professional opportunities in business
- Hands-on learning activities
- Tour of campus
- Study skills and college readiness preparation
- How to complete a college application form
- How to apply for financial aid
- Showcase of successful recent Lerner graduates