MBA Major in Healthcare Management
According to U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor statistics, jobs in the healthcare sector are projected to grow by 15% between 2019 and 2029. This rate of growth is more than twice as fast as that of the general economy, and means the creation of 2.4 million new jobs.
The Lerner MBA’s core business courses and professional development classes give you a solid base of business management knowledge. By choosing the healthcare management major, you’ll prepare for a career in health administration, whether you are currently working in healthcare or interested in entering the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
A health administration graduate degree is your gateway to opportunities at some of the nation’s top healthcare employers located near Delaware – in Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York.
The courses for the MBA with major in healthcare management are taught in a convenient online format.
This MBA major requires 5 healthcare graduate courses. All courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise stated.
HLTH 844 – Population Health Informatics
HLTH 813 – Leadership & Innovation in Population Health
HLTH 843 – Policy & Finance for Healthcare Delivery
HOSP 615 – E-Service Management in Healthcare
HOSP 640 – Patient Experience & Engagement
A healthcare MBA builds your expertise in both health and business, preparing you for a career in the public or private sector, in fields such as:
- Healthcare administration
- Healthcare reform
- Population-based healthcare
- E-service delivery
- Medical practice administration
- Healthcare systems management
- Patient experience management
- Healthcare analysis
- Healthcare administrator
- US News Names UD Online MBA a Top 30 Program (1/25/2022) - The Online MBA program is ranked 28th in the nation and 18th for veterans in the 2022 U.S. News’ Best Online MBA Programs ranking.
- Join Us For Virtual MBA Zoom Info Sessions (12/14/2021) - Meet with our MBA admissions team during an upcoming Wednesday Virtual MBA Zoom Session from Noon to 2 p.m. EST to discuss any questions you may have about earning an MBA.
- Rethinking How We Assess GME Students (12/1/2021) - The MBA Roundtable selected a project led by University of Delaware Professors Mark Serva, Amanda Convery and Amanda Bullough as one of two 2021 Innovator Award winners.
- What Can You Do With a Management Degree? (8/16/2021) - In a global, complex and fast-paced world, leaders are needed now more than ever in organizations to keep them productive and competitive. Students who pursue the management degree at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics are taught to become one of these leaders in addition to learning how to work […]
- My MBA Experience (2/10/2021) - In this video, our current MBA candidates share their experience and discuss what they chose this program, what they have learned so far and the opportunities the UD Lerner MBA has given them.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.