MBA Major in Healthcare Management
Opportunities in the healthcare industry continue to grow even when opportunities in other sectors decline.
According to U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 2010 and 2020, jobs in the healthcare sector are projected to grow by 30 percent. This is a rate of growth more than twice as fast as that of the general economy, and means the creation of 1.4 million new jobs in the near future.
The healthcare sector is expected to become the largest employing sector during the next decade, overtaking the state and local government major sector and the professional and business services major sector.
The Lerner College’s fully integrated MBA in healthcare management offers opportunities for professionals in healthcare to develop their business and leadership skills, as well as opportunities for professionals interested in entering the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
96% of all students rated their overall educational experience within the Lerner Graduate and MBA programs as excellent or good
Some of the nation’s top healthcare employers are located near Delaware, just a few hours from Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York. Lerner is your gateway to opportunities up and down the East Coast corridor.
Build Expertise in Health and Business
This program, taught by faculty from both Lerner and UD’s College of Health Sciences, will help you to gain a competitive edge and learn about critical issues facing healthcare today like:
- Healthcare reform
- Population-based care
- E-service delivery
- Patient experience
The courses for the MBA with major in healthcare management are taught in a convenient online format.
MBA majors require 5 courses in a particular field. All courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise stated.
HLTH 844 – Population Health Informatics
HLTH 813 – Leadership and Innovation in Population Health
HLTH 843 – Policy and Finance for Healthcare Delivery
HOSP 815 – E-Service Management in Healthcare
HOSP 840 – Patient Experience and Engagement
Prepare for a number of careers in both public and private sectors – from nonprofit hospitals to Fortune 500 companies – healthcare suppliers, pharmacies, insurance providers and more.
- Healthcare administrator
- Medical practice administrator
- Director of operations
- Senior business associate
- Healthcare systems manager
- Healthcare analyst
- Quality service manager
- What can you do with a management degree? (12/16/2019) - In a global , complex and fast-paced world, leaders are needed now more than ever in organizations to keep them productive and competitive. Students who pursue the management degree at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics are taught to become one of these leaders in addition to learning how to […]
- Join us for November MBA Walk-in Wednesdays (11/1/2019) - The Lerner MBA amplifies your knowledge, enhances your earning power and expands your career opportunities. Join us for our November MBA Walk-in Wednesdays from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. on 6, 13 or 20 to learn how to get started.
- Join us at The MBA Tour in India (9/10/2019) - The University of Delaware’s Lerner College graduate admissions team will be at The MBA Tour India 2019. Meet with representatives and learn more about the UD Lerner MBA.
- Why healthcare jobs are here to stay (8/1/2017) - There’s good news for healthcare workers: Their jobs are unlikely to go to a robot any time soon.
- Top skills of a healthcare management professional (6/6/2017) - In a day in the life of a healthcare management professional, certain key skills will always come into play.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.