The Lerner MBA is designed to allow you to build a degree that fits your career goals. At the center of the program are the business core courses that give you a rock-solid foundation in business management knowledge and techniques across essential business functions. Then, based on your goals, you choose an elective courses option.
Maximize your investment in your career by earning a Lerner MBA. Through events and internships, you’ll join Lerner in its partnerships with many top financial institutions – JPMorgan Chase, Bloomberg and KPMG, among others. And as a Lerner MBA graduate, you will be joining a network of 23,000 alumni around the country and across the world.
Our graduates find financial success, too. The average starting salary of Lerner MBA graduates is $90,291 (2016).
Explore the Lerner MBA Curriculum
Required Courses (29 credits)
The business core courses and professional development seminars ground you in business knowledge, skills and techniques.
BUAD 820 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 831 – Operations Management and Management Science
BUAD 840 – Ethical Issues in the Business Environment
BUAD 870 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations
BUAD 880 – Marketing Management
BUAD 890 – Corporate Strategy
ECON 503 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy
FINC 850 – Financial Management
BUEC603 Communicating, Branding and Career Networking (1 credit)
Electives (15 credits)
Choose your own electives for a custom, broad education in business management, or specialize in a business area by choosing a major or concentration. Your MBA advisor can help you choose the best option for you.
Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management
MBA Format Options
- Full-Time Traditional full-time students take three to four courses per semester and typically finish in two years. Funding opportunities are available for top candidates.
- Part-Time Complete your degree in as little as three years by taking one or two courses per semester. Classes are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate your schedule as a working professional.
- Hybrid Mix and match classroom-based and online courses to fit your work/life schedule and complete your degree faster than you would on the traditional part-time plan.
- Online Complete the entire MBA program online in as few as 16 months, with no need to come to campus. Your instructors are the same top-ranked faculty who teach classroom-based courses.
Alternative Format Options
The Pathways Program allows admitted students to take up to three courses in one academic year while preparing for the GMAT.
International Students: Conditional Admission Program (CAP)
The Conditional Admission Program (CAP) gives you the opportunity to improve your English skills at UD’s English Language Institute before beginning the MBA program. Accepted participants are not required to take the TOEFL exam.
Dual Master’s Degrees
The Lerner dual and joint graduate degree programs enable you to combine the strategic business skills of the MBA with a variety of other disciplines.
- MBA / M.S. in Accounting
- MBA / M.A. in Economics
- MBA / M.S. in Finance
- MBA / M.S. in International Business
- MBA / M.S. in Information Systems & Technology Management
- MBA / M.S. in Hospitality, Restaurant and Institutional Management
- MBA / Master of Chemical Engineering & Biomolecular Engineering
- MBA / Master of Civil Engineering
- MBA / M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MBA / Master of Materials Science and Engineering
- MBA / M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- MBA / Ph.D. in Biological Sciences
- MBA / MD Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Accelerated Degree Programs (4+1)
With an accelerated degree program, you can earn both an undergraduate and graduate degree from UD in less time than it takes to complete them separately.
- Accounting B.S. and M.S. (4+1)
- Economics B.S. and M.A./M.S. (4+1)
- Engineering and MBA (4+1)
- Finance B.S. and M.S. (4+1)
- Hospitality Business Management B.S. and MBA (4+1)
- Mathematics & Economics B.S. and Economics M.A./M.S. (4+1)
- Music and MBA (4+1)
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.