After the success of their Leadership in Times of Crisis webinar series, the University of Delaware’s Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics has teamed up with the Lerner student group Women in Business in order to offer a new webinar series. This new series, Ascend: Empowering Female Students for Success, was created to offer support to female Lerner students.
According to the WLI webpage, “While students gain tremendous insights in the classroom, we know that they are often unprepared for the day-to-day work challenges that face them in the real world. In particular, female students often lack the awareness and skills to navigate implicit biases that prevent them from being as successful as possible.”
Thus the goal of the one-hour online sessions in the Ascend: Empowering Female Students for Success series is to equip female students with the tools they need to be more effective in the workplace. Students will be introduced to successful female executives who serve as advisors and role models and teach critical leadership skills.
Each of these online sessions will include a 15-minute talk from a successful female executive and a facilitated breakout discussion so that students can meet one another and deepen their learning and connection. The dates and topics for the Ascend: Empowering Female Students for Success webinars are:
- July 6, 2020 5:00-6:00 pm EST – Productivity in a Virtual World 101, Complete
- July 20, 2020 5:00-6:00 pm EST – Diversity 101, Click Here to Register
- August 3, 2020 5:00-6:00 pm EST – Building Your Brand 101, Click Here to Register
- August 17, 2020 5:00-6:00 pm EST – Networking 101, Click Here to Register
- August 31, 2020 5:00-6:00 pm EST – Personal Financial Literacy 101, Click Here to Register