The Career Services Center at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics will be hosting Ask Me Anything (AMA) Career Expert Panels throughout the spring 2021 semester. These webinars are free and open to the public. The panels include many UD alumni and mentors from the Lerner Executive Mentoring Program.
“The sessions were created around a series of topics that have come up quite a bit over the last several months. When we did our Career Expert panels in the summer, it was focused on overall professional development (i.e. interviewing, networking, job search),” said Jill Gugino Pante, director of the Lerner College Career Services Center. “For the AMA, we wanted to delve a little deeper into topics and create a platform (AMA) where the audience would be comfortable asking difficult questions.
“We hope attendees will have some ‘to do’s’ on their professional development list after attending our webinars,” Pante continued. “We find that the most valuable webinars are the ones where you can take away tangible advice and resources.”
Below is the list of all AMA Career Expert Panels this spring:
How I Found my Job During a National Crisis
Friday, March 5, 2021 from 1-2 p.m. ET
- Mike Jason, ’78, Senior VP at Live Entertainment
- Tonia G. Kennedy, Vice President and Sr. Wealth Manager and Fiduciary Specialist at BNY Mellon,
- Erica Nardello, SVP Digital Commerce at Alice + Olivia Scott Lux and Director of Content Strategy at Digitas Health
The panel will be facilitated by Sarah Baker Andrus, assistant director at Lerner Career Services.
Lessons from my Career
Friday, March 19, 2021 from 1-2 p.m. ET
- Pierre Anderson, VP of Information Technologies at Artesian Water
- Eric Barba, Head of Acquisition at NitroCollege.com
- Sharice Miller, VP of Brand Marketing & Sponsorship at JPMorgan Chase
- Lisa Novak, Director of Sports Marketing at Cliff Bar & Company
The panel will be facilitated by Libby Cusack, program coordinator at Lerner Career Services.
Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
Friday, March 26, 2021 from 12-1 p.m. ET
This panel is sponsored by Women in Technology, Association for Computing Machinery’s Council on Women and Lerner Career Services.
- Zahra Barikbin, Talent Acquisition Manager at PwC
- Sandrea Mack Behrens, Senior Manager at Accenture
- Ann Bookout, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Dentsu International
- Adam Foley, Director, Diversity, Education, Assessment & Outreach at the University of Delaware
How I use Social Media to Recruit
Friday, April 9, 2021 from 1-2 p.m. ET
- Amanda Abney Buchanan, Regional Recruitment Lead at IKEA Group
- Kristin Gray, US Social Media Lead at EY
- Jessica Eule, Senior Director of Education Programs at 1010data
The panel will be facilitated by Jill Gugino Pante, director of Lerner Career Services.