Undergraduate Career Resources
Companies want experience. You want it too — as much of it as you can get, even before you graduate.
The Lerner advantage comes from all of the opportunities Lerner provides to build a career portfolio, right here on campus and all over the world.
From your freshman year to graduation day, Lerner challenges you to take advantage of these opportunities. After graduation, opportunities continue with your membership in our extensive alumni network.
Meet leading executives and HR recruiters through networking events, internships, site visits, and various professional organizations. Sharpen your skills with resume reviews and professional development workshop panels.
Work with top companies in Philadelphia, New York, D.C. and around the globe. Establish your career goals and prepare to exceed them.
This is your opportunity.
Lerner Undergraduate Careers by the numbers:
The Lerner College Career Services Center: a Lerner Advantage
The Career Services Center at Lerner provides you with business-focused tools and assistance achieving your career and professional goals. Attend workshops and employer events, or meet with a coach individually to review your resume and cover letter. Prepare for interviews and learn the best job search strategies. Learn how to best market your academic accomplishments, relevant work experience, skills and abilities to prospective employers.
"My visits to Lerner Career Services were very beneficial, giving me great feedback and helping me perfect my resume and write cover letters. This skill will continue to help me with future endeavors.”
Executive Mentors-Scholars Program
The Executive Mentors-Scholars program, which begins during the sophomore year, pairs students with an executive in their area of interest. The goal is to develop a one-on-one relationship by meeting throughout their time at Lerner.
How it works:
- If accepted, you will be matched with an executive in the business field
- Meet once or twice a semester and communicate via phone and email
- Connect classroom knowledge to real-world business
- Clarify your career objectives
- Gain an insider view of a company and industry
- Polish your networking skills
Lerner’s on-site Career Services staff supports students by providing helpful information such as career development websites, handouts, etiquette dinners, guest speakers and other services to help build students’ careers and networks.
Once you have a UD login, you can access Handshake, the University of Delaware’s portal for career-building resources and tools like:
- VMock: An online resume feedback application.
- Interview System: Simulated online job interviews for students to practice both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Vault: The world’s leading source of Career Intelligence to help in your efforts at researching employers, industries and careers.
- Passport Career: Job search and country-specific resources to help with your career/internship interests around the world and in the USA.
- UD Career Advisory Network (UD CAN): A powerful online tool that gives UD students expert advice from alumni, parents and friends of the university.
- Career Events Calendar: Information about upcoming workshops, employer information sessions and career fairs.
- CareerShift: Search jobs from all boards and company job postings.
Contact the Career Services Center
Lerner Career Services Center
One South Main Street
Newark, DE 19716