Undergraduate Career Resources
Companies want experience. You want it too — as much of it as you can get, even before you graduate.
The Lerner advantage comes from all of the opportunities Lerner provides to build a career portfolio, right here on campus and all over the world.
From your freshman year to graduation day, Lerner challenges you to take advantage of these opportunities. After graduation, opportunities continue with your membership in our extensive alumni network.
Meet leading executives and HR recruiters through networking events, internships, site visits, and various professional organizations. Sharpen your skills with resume reviews and professional development workshop panels.
Work with top companies in Philadelphia, New York, D.C. and around the globe. Establish your career goals and prepare to exceed them.
This is your opportunity.
Lerner Undergraduate Careers by the numbers:
The Lerner Advantage
The Lerner College Career Services CenterThe Career Services Center at Lerner works in conjunction with the University of Delaware Career Services Center to provide you with business-focused tools and assistance in achieving your career goals.
Attend workshops and employer events, or meet with a coach individually to review your resume and cover letter. Prepare for interviews and learn the best job search strategies. Learn how to best market your academic accomplishments, relevant work experience, skills and abilities to prospective employers.
Executive Mentors ScholarsThis program, which begins during the sophomore year, pairs students with an executive in their area of interest. The goal is to develop a one-on-one relationship by meeting throughout their time at Lerner.
How it works:
- If accepted, you will be matched with an executive in the business field
- Meet once or twice a semester and communicate via phone and email
- Connect classroom to real-world business
- Clarify student’s career objectives
- Gain insider view of a company and industry
- Polish networking skills
Lerner’s on-site Career Services staff supports students by providing helpful information such as career development websites, handouts, etiquette dinners, guest speakers and other services to help build students’ careers and networks.
Once you have a UD login, you can access Handshake, the University of Delaware’s portal for career-building resources and tools like:
- Candid Careers: Alumni sharing their unique experiences and advice.
- Interview System: Simulated online job interviews for students to practice both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Vault: The world’s leading source of Career Intelligence to help in your efforts at researching employers, industries and careers.
- Passport Career: Job search and country-specific resources to help with your career/internship interests around the world and in the USA.
- Career Events Calendar: Information about upcoming workshops, employer information sessions and career fairs.