MBA Major in Business Analytics
In this field, you can expect to master the tools you’ll need to use data to leverage assets, optimize outcomes and predict future results.
Take advantage of career opportunities in a growing field, all in one central Delaware location — located within a few hours of Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, the growing tech scene of Wilmington, Delaware and the financial centers of New York City. Learn from accomplished faculty, as well as your classmates’ own professional experiences in a diverse set of business fields.
Lerner’s state-of-the-art facilities are designed to foster collaboration among students, faculty and industry, such as the JPMorgan Chase Innovation Center and the Geltzeiler Trading Center.
96% of all students rated their overall educational experience within the Lerner Graduate and MBA programs as excellent or good
Additionally, the MBA with a major in business analytics qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
MBA majors require 5 courses in a particular field. All courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise stated.
ACCT 604 – Database Design and Implementation (fall semester)
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics (spring semester)
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization (fall semester)
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modeling (spring semester)
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone (spring semester)
Microsoft Excel Proficiency
Prior to enrolling in the business analytics major or concentration, you should be able demonstrate knowledge of the expert features and functions in Microsoft Excel. We recommend completing an online course offered by UDEMY.
Features and functions you should master include:
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- Pivot tables and charts
- Macro operations
- Business analyst
- Financial analyst
- Business analytics specialist
- Manager of operations planning & analytics
- Quantitative analytics consultant
- Digital marketing analyst
- Director of business intelligence
Top Lerner MBA Employers
- Lifelong Lerner: Dipti Shridhar Dighe - Dipti Shridhar Dighe, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2021, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has changed during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- Lifelong Lerner: Erica Santos - Erica Santos, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2021, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has changed during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Jayakanthan Sivasankaran - Jayakanthan Sivasankaran is an MBA candidate with a major in business analytics at UD's Lerner College. Sivasankaran shared how this program has impacted him personally and professionally.
- Blue Hens Put Business Analytics Skills to the Test - UD students applied their business analytics skills to real-world applications in the Inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition, sponsored by EY.
- Join Us For Virtual MBA Drop-In Sessions - Meet with our MBA admissions team during an upcoming Wednesday Zoom Drop-In Session from Noon to 2 p.m. EST to discuss any questions you may have about earning an MBA.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.