Lerner Diversity Council
The Lerner Diversity Council (LDC) focuses on building community and college climate; transforming curricular and co-curricular activities; and strengthening outreach and engagement, all with the central focus on diversity.
The LDC – supporting equality, tolerance, diversity and respect across Lerner.
LDC programming includes events such as an educational speaker series, student professional development, diversity-focused recruiting, student conference travel, diversity awards and other needs as they arise and the LDC program evolves.
- Building community and improving climate
- Community outreach and engagement
- Curricular and co-curricular transformation
News: Lerner Diversity Initiative
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (11/20/2019)
- A Fine Line in the Hospitality Industry (11/12/2019)
- Breaking Barriers: Now and in the future (4/17/2018)
- Lerner Diversity Council and PwC help students overcome blind spots (4/9/2018)
- Carlos Asarta, associate professor of economics, director – Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship
- Asli Basoglu, associate professor of accounting
- Jazzlynn Jefferson, Lerner undergraduate student
- Jennifer Joe, Whitney Family Professor of Accounting, chief diversity advocate of Lerner College
- Francis Kwansa, associate professor of hospitality business management
- Chris Lynch, instructor of finance
- Sam Piotrowski, Lerner undergraduate student
- Kelly Ringgold, academic program coordinator
- Puming Yang, Lerner graduate student
The LDC is grateful to its founding corporate sponsor, KPMG.
For more information about the council or any of its programs, contact: