JPMorgan Chase Innovation Center
Lerner puts a high priority on giving its students a balance of experience-driven learning and evidence-based analytic tools. That approach drives the work and mission of the JPMorgan Chase Innovation Center.
The Innovation Center, part of the strategic JPMorgan Chase-University of Delaware Collaboration established in December 2009, seeks to equip future technology managers with the broad knowledge and specific skills needed to better manage complex international data flows and operations.
As most multinational companies have come to understand, working across distance, cultures and time zones tests an organization to its core. By engaging with the Innovation Center, Lerner students gain hands-on experience with building and testing globally-scaled IT solutions.
Student learning opportunities from the Collaboration include:
- Guest speakers
- Faculty mentoring
- Live projects
The collective return is a pipeline of technology talent, cutting-edge curriculum, choice internships and joint research projects aimed at sparking innovation and transforming the way technologists are trained to lead complex, globally-distributed enterprises.
- JPMorgan Chase Employees Earn UD Certificate - JPMorgan Chase & Co. has collaborated with the Lerner College to offer employees a certification in data analytics.
- Exploring Machine Learning in Financial Services - UD's Institute for Financial Services Analytics 2019 Conference brought together industry and academia to discuss machine learning’s impact on financial services.
- Best Data Science Paper - UD’s Xiao Fang, Jing He and Xiaohang Zhao have won the 2019 INFORMS Workshop on Data Science best paper award for their research on using deep learning technology to classify financial firms.
- IBM’s Master the Mainframe Competition Coming to UD - Through a generous co-sponsorship with JPMorgan Chase, IBM’s Master the Mainframe Competition will be offered at UD. MtM is a global three-part competition open to all universities.
- From GET Internship to full-time employment with JPMorgan Chase - In this video, Candace tells how her Lerner GET Internship led to a job with JPMorgan Chase.
About JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.