Vita Nova Restaurant
Out of an abundance of caution due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, Vita Nova will be closed for the fall 2020 semester and to-go service has been suspended.
Gift Cards and Cookbook
Connect With Us
- Sign up for our email list to be the first to find out about our special events.
- Visit us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about our students and operations.
- Outstanding LifeLong Lerner: Dana Herbert - UD alumnus and Executive Pastry Chef of Desserts By Dana, Dana Herbert, shared their lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
- Blue Hens join Marriott - Four Blue Hens who have been accepted into the Marriott Voyage Program participated in question-and-answer interviews to share their experiences and what they are most looking forward to.
- Lerner’s Top 10 Stories of 2019 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular blog posts from 2019 at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- Spring 2020 Openings at Vita Nova - UD’s student-operated and managed fine dining restaurant is now accepting reservations for the Spring 2020 season.
- All You Knead is Love - Jake Minoff, Class of 2020 hospitality business management major, is the president of All You Knead is Love at the Lerner College. Minoff shared why he joined All You Knead is Love, what makes this group unique and more!
A Learning Laboratory
The hospitality industry values students who have applied their knowledge in hands-on environments. Vita Nova serves as a learning laboratory for students in the Lerner College’s Department of Hospitality and Sport Business Management.
Each student gets a diverse educational experience by rotating through 17 different positions both in the dining room and in the kitchen. Students gain invaluable culinary, service and management experience in this learning lab.
In Latin, “vita nova” means “new life” or a new beginning, a particularly appropriate name since Vita Nova is the last applied classroom experience for each HOSP student before beginning a new life in the hospitality business.
Each semester, students are selected for a unique internship experience, in which they are Student Managers at Vita Nova.
Aramark Scholars are made possible by a generous gift from Aramark Educational Services, LLC.