Vita Nova Restaurant
Vita Nova is the University of Delaware’s student-operated fine-dining restaurant, offering an award-winning lunch buffet Monday through Friday and elegant five-course dining Wednesday through Friday during the fall and spring semesters. It is a University of Delaware tradition and an extraordinary dining experience.
The more casual Bistro offers a three-course theatre menu, a small plate menu, custom cocktails and an extensive wine selection.
Both dining rooms are located on the second floor of the Trabant University Center, 17 W. Main St. in Newark, Delaware.
Hours and Reservations
Vita Nova will be closed starting December 11, 2021 for the winter session. We look forward to welcoming you back February 14, 2022 for lunch and February 16, 2022 for dinner.
Reservations are available:
- Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday-Friday, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Private dining arrangements can be made in the Bistro by calling (302) 831-0500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (We do not accept online OpenTable reservations for the Bistro.) This space is available year round with food and beverage service through Vita Nova or UD Catering.
Equipped with projector and display screens, the Bistro offers a unique atmosphere to host meetings, receptions and other events. Please email for availability and more info.
The Trabant Parking Garage is adjacent to the Trabant Center and requires that you pay upon arrival and enter your license plate number. The PassportParking mobile app can also be used at the garage. For more information please visit the Parking Services website.
Gift Cards and Cookbook
Connect With Us
- Sign up for our email list to be the first to find out about our special events.
- Visit us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about our students and operations.
- 3 Pieces of Advice for Blue Hens from the Cake Boss - “The Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro P’25 shared advice and led a cake decorating demonstration for Blue Hens as part of the Paul Wise Speaker Series.
- Increased Opportunities for Hospitality Business Management Students - The University of Delaware and Brookdale Community College have signed a new articulation agreement for qualifying hospitality business management students.
- What Can You Do With a Hospitality Business Management Degree? - At the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, students learn in the classroom and in real life - at the University’s Vita Nova Restaurant and Courtyard Newark hotel.
- Fall 2021 Openings at Vita Nova - UD’s student-operated and managed restaurant reopens for both lunch and dinner service.
- Outstanding LifeLong Lerner: Dana Herbert - UD alumnus and Executive Pastry Chef of Desserts By Dana, Dana Herbert, shared their lessons learned from the coronavirus crisis and advice for fellow Blue Hens in this Q&A.
A Learning Laboratory
The hospitality industry values students who have applied their knowledge in hands-on environments. Vita Nova serves as a learning laboratory for students in the Lerner College’s Department of Hospitality and Sport Business Management.
Each student gets a diverse educational experience by rotating through 17 different positions both in the dining room and in the kitchen. Students gain invaluable culinary, service and management experience in this learning lab.
In Latin, “vita nova” means “new life” or a new beginning, a particularly appropriate name since Vita Nova is the last applied classroom experience for each HOSP student before beginning a new life in the hospitality business.