Vita Nova Restaurant
Vita Nova is the University of Delaware’s student-operated fine-dining restaurant, offering an award-winning lunch buffet Monday through Friday and elegant five-course dining Wednesday through Friday during the fall and spring semesters. It is a University of Delaware tradition and an extraordinary dining experience.
The more casual Bistro is open on select evenings, offering a three-course theatre menu as a gourmet start to an evening out.
Both dining rooms are located on the second floor of the Trabant University Center, 17 W. Main St. in Newark, Delaware. Reservations are required. We request your help in keeping our students and guests safe by wearing a mask and following UD COVID-19 guidelines.
Hours and Reservations
Vita Nova is closed for the summer session.
Reservations for the fall semester can be made starting in August. We will reopen on September 6, 2022. We look forward to serving you again with a new menu in the fall.
Private dining arrangements can be made in the Bistro by calling (302) 831-0500 or emailing email@example.com. (We do not accept online OpenTable reservations for the Bistro.) This space is available year round with food and beverage service through Vita Nova or UD Catering.
Equipped with projector and display screens, the Bistro offers a unique atmosphere to host meetings, receptions and other events. Please email for availability and more info.
The Trabant Parking Garage is adjacent to the Trabant Center and requires that you pay upon arrival and enter your license plate number. The PassportParking mobile app can also be used at the garage. For more information please visit the Parking Services website.
Gift Cards and Cookbook
Connect With Us
- Sign up for our email list to be the first to find out about our special events.
- Visit us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about our students and operations.
- Lifelong Lerner: Carly Burns - Carly Burns, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2022, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has grown during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- This Spring at Vita Nova - UD’s student-operated and managed restaurant Vita Nova is accepting spring reservations.
- 3 Pieces of Advice for Blue Hens from the Cake Boss - “The Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro P’25 shared advice and led a cake decorating demonstration for Blue Hens as part of the Paul Wise Speaker Series.
- Increased Opportunities for Hospitality Business Management Students - The University of Delaware and Brookdale Community College have signed a new articulation agreement for qualifying hospitality business management students.
- What Can You Do With a Hospitality Business Management Degree? - At the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, students learn in the classroom and in real life - at the University’s Vita Nova Restaurant and Courtyard Newark hotel.
A Learning Laboratory
The hospitality industry values students who have applied their knowledge in hands-on environments. Vita Nova serves as a learning laboratory for students in the Lerner College’s Department of Hospitality and Sport Business Management.
Each student gets a diverse educational experience by rotating through 17 different positions both in the dining room and in the kitchen. Students gain invaluable culinary, service and management experience in this learning lab.
In Latin, “vita nova” means “new life” or a new beginning, a particularly appropriate name since Vita Nova is the last applied classroom experience for each HOSP student before beginning a new life in the hospitality business.