Center for Applied Business & Economics Research
CABER provides economic data and analysis to public and private institutions, businesses and the community. We use the most up-to-date research tools, software and proprietary online databases to access economic and financial data at the local, state, national and international levels.
Our directors have an exceptional record of forecasting, economic analysis and economic impact studies spanning over 35 years. In addition, Lerner faculty and professional staff bring specialized expertise to CABER in the areas of capital budgeting, sports management, hospitality and more.
Let our expertise guide your decision-making and meet your needs.
Custom Economic Research Services
CABER offers a wide range of economic and policy research and analysis, including:
- Forecasting and Scenario Analysis — long- and short-range forecasts for businesses, agencies and communities, as well as custom periodic economic outlook presentations on national, state and local economies.
- Economic Growth and Strategic Development Analysis — research and analysis of local, state and regional issues.
- Tax, Budgeting and Financial Analysis — research and analysis of the financial issues facing businesses, agencies and communities.
- Economic Impact Analysis — the impact that jobs, incomes and taxes have on a local or state government’s economic activities in all sectors from the arts to manufacturing.
- Metrics for the Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships
- Metrics for Service Learning (PDF)
- How Delaware Compares
- University Impact Study (PDF)
The economic impact study, “The Economic Contributions of the Captive Insurance Industry to the Delaware Economy,” shows that the DOI’s captive insurance program raises nearly $360 million for Delaware annually.
Watch the video
Kenneth Lewis, Director
Alfred Lerner College of Business
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716