Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- A Blue Hen’s Tips for Landing the Job - UD alum Alina Serbina recently secured a position with NBCUniversal after an extensive job search. Serbina shared what she learned and advice for Blue Hens starting their own job search.
- My Summer Internship: Shivani Modi - Shivani Modi, Class of 2021, double major in finance and financial planning and wealth management with a minor in economics, spent her summer in Phoenix, Arizona as a summer investments intern at Charles Schwab.
- My Summer Internship: Amanda K Manuola - Amanda K Manuola, Class of 2021, majoring in financial planning, spent her summer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey at Merrill Lynch, Bank of America.
- My Summer Internship: Justin Silberlust - Justin Silberlust, Class of 2020, double majoring in finance and management, spent his summer in Charlotte, North Carolina as an internal audit IT intern at TIAA.
- Global Enterprise Technology Internships - The Global Enterprise Technology (GET) Immersion Internship experience is an innovative, extended 6-month work experience offered to students at the University of Delaware.