Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
- Minor in Trust Management
- M.S. in Finance
- MBA Major in Finance
- MBA Concentration in Finance
- MBA + M.S. in Finance Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- My Summer Experience: Cornelia Dewi Soelaiman - Cornelia Dewi Soelaiman, Class of 2023 finance major with a minor in business analytics, spent her summer conducting independent research and pursuing career development opportunities.
- My Summer Internship: Josiah Hanson - Josiah Hanson, Class of 2023 finance and financial planning and wealth management major with a minor in business analytics, spent his summer interning as a financial analyst with TradeWeb.
- My Summer Internship: Nicole Chhabra - Nicole Chhabra, Class of 2023 management information systems and finance double major, spent her summer as an analytic intern at Wells Fargo in the Credit Card Retail and Merchant Services Department.
- My Summer Internship: Grace Zhang - Grace Zhang, a Class of 2022 finance, management information systems and marketing majors with a minor in French, spent her summer interning as a business analyst with Amazon.
- What Can You Do With a Financial Planning & Wealth Management Degree? - With more and more employees becoming responsible for managing their own money before and after retirement, there is a growing population in need of financial planners to help them make important financial decisions. The University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics equips students with financial planning skills, a skill that is currently […]