Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Lerner College Program Ranked by Poets&Quants - UD’s Lerner College Undergraduate Program has risen 10 spots to be ranked #51 in the nation this year.
- What Can You Do With a Financial Planning & Wealth Management Degree? - With more and more employees becoming responsible for managing their own money before and after retirement, there is a growing population in need of financial planners to help them make important financial decisions. The University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics equips students with financial planning skills, a skill that is currently […]
- Exploring Machine Learning in Financial Services - UD's Institute for Financial Services Analytics 2019 Conference brought together industry and academia to discuss machine learning’s impact on financial services.
- Women in Finance - Allie Trimble, Class of 2020 financial planning and wealth management major, is the president of Women in Finance at the Lerner College. Trimble shared why she joined Women in Finance, what makes this group unique and more!
- University of Delaware Alternative Breaks - Jayke Marsh, Class of 2021 finance major with minors in economics and business analytics, is the recruitment chair of University of Delaware Alternative Breaks (UDAB). Marsh shared why he joined UDAB, what makes this group unique and more!