Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
- Minor in Trust Management
- M.S. in Finance
- MBA Major in Finance
- MBA Concentration in Finance
- MBA + M.S. in Finance Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Lerner Students Get a Transformative Look into Investment Banking - The Lerner Department of Finance is making a push to create more small group experiences for students. One of the most recent was a trip to NYC.
- Gender disclosure rules can make a difference - Lerner's Laura Field, Dept. of Finance Chair, examines a corporate governance issue that has drawn broad attention is the underrepresentation of females on corporate boards.
- Lifelong Lerner: Ursula Dzik - Ursula Dzik, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2022, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has grown during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.
- Lifelong Lerner: Kyle Natter - Kyle Natter, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2022, shared his favorite UD memories, how he has grown during his time at UD and his plans following graduation.
- Lifelong Lerner: Ted Cebulski - Ted Cebulski, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2022, shared his favorite UD memories, how he has grown during his time at UD and his plans following graduation.