Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Exploring Machine Learning in Financial Services - UD's Institute for Financial Services Analytics 2019 Conference brought together industry and academia to discuss machine learning’s impact on financial services.
- Women in Finance - Allie Trimble, Class of 2020 financial planning and wealth management major, is the president of Women in Finance at the Lerner College. Trimble shared why she joined Women in Finance, what makes this group unique and more!
- University of Delaware Alternative Breaks - Jayke Marsh, Class of 2021 finance major with minors in economics and business analytics, is the recruitment chair of University of Delaware Alternative Breaks (UDAB). Marsh shared why he joined UDAB, what makes this group unique and more!
- Blue Hen Investment Club - Jesse Alba, Class of 2020 finance major, is the president of the Blue Hen Investment Club (BHIC) at the Lerner College. Alba shared why he joined the BHIC, what makes this group unique and more!
- Blue Hen Financial Planning Club - Shivani Modi, Class of 2021 finance and financial planning double major, is the president of the Blue Hen Financial Planning Club at the Lerner College. Modi shared why she joined the Blue Hen Financial Planning Club, what makes this group unique and more!