Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- Trust Management Minor Recognized By American Bankers Association - Lerner’s trust management minor now qualifies as an official wealth management training program to earn a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor designation.
- The Power of Black Women’s Voices - As part of the UD Lerner Women’s Leadership Initiative’s “Addressing Racism” webinar, a panel of Black women leaders from the Lerner community discussed racial justice and calls to action.
- UD Grad Named Top CPA Candidate - Brandon Heggan, UD Class of 2018, was an Elijah Watt Sell Award winner for landing in the top fifth of the top one percent of CPA exam takers.
- Lifelong Lerner: Anna Biondi - Anna Biondi, a member of UD’s Lerner Class of 2020, shared her favorite UD memories, how she has changed during her time at UD and her plans following graduation.