Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- Lerner’s Top Stories of 2020 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular stories from 2020 at UD's Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- Inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition Begins - EY is sponsoring the inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition for UD students to gain experience applying their business analytics skills.
- Lerner Builds Community through Nests - UD’s Lerner College Nest program helped new Blue Hens build connections and community with peers, upperclassmen and faculty virtually this semester.
- Making the Most of Winter Session - UD students have the opportunity to take courses over the Winter Session, including over 100 courses being offered across all departments at the Lerner College.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.