Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated 4+1 Degree Program
- Minor in Trust Management
- M.S. in Finance
- MBA Specialization in Finance
- MBA + M.S. in Finance Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Ph.D. in Financial Services Analytics
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- What is an Accelerated 4+1 Program? - 4+1 programs jumpstart the careers of undergraduates considering a graduate degree. Find out if a 4+1 is right for you.
- What Is Fintech? - This article explains what fintech is, introduces jobs and salaries in the field and compares different ways of learning the subject.
- Lerner Experts Discuss Significance of ESG - Three letters have become a big buzzword in the corporate world: ESG. Lerner experts weigh in on key points in the movement to focus on environmental, social and governance factors in business decisions.
- Weinberg/IRRCi Research Papers Winners Announced at Corporate Governance Symposium - Two winning papers were announced at the ECGI corporate governance symposium hosted by the John L. Weinberg Center and UD Department of Finance at Clayton Hall.
- What is a STEM Degree - What are the advantages of STEM degrees? What are STEM-designated degrees? And, how can foreign students harness them to optimize their education and professional experiences in the U.S.?