Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- How I Teach — Business - UD Marketing Professor Julia Belyavsky Bayuk helps incoming Lerner students discover their passion through the Basics of Business, otherwise known as BUAD 110.
- A Hidden Story Behind High CEO Pay - New research from UD finance professor Hamed Mahmudi contributes to the increasingly hot topic of CEO pay. Mahmudi’s research found that when boards hire independent compensation consultants, CEO pay decreases.
- Borrowing While Black - UD Lerner College finance alumna Tisa Silver Canady wrote Borrowing While Black, a book designed to help Black students graduate with less debt and pay that debt off faster.
- What I Love About My Major: Finance & Financial Planning and Wealth Management - In this video, University of Delaware students majoring in finance share their favorite things about their major.
- Lerner’s Top Stories of 2020 - From student success to new faculty research, here are our top 10 most popular stories from 2020 at UD's Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.