Department of Finance
Finance students focus on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value:
- How much is a product worth?
- Is a stock worth investing in?
- Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment?
Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow — that’s what the field of finance is all about.
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Finance B.S. + M.S. Accelerated Degree Program
The Finance Department helps maintain an extensive set of research databases for faculty and students. The availability of our databases is made possible through the generous support of the Lerner College, the Unidel Foundation, Donald J. Puglisi and gifts from many other alumni, faculty and friends.
For examples of research produced with these databases, please visit our faculty research page.
- My Summer Internship: Stephen J. DuBois - Stephen J. DuBois, Class of 2019, majoring in finance, spent his summer in Atlanta, Georgia as an investment banking summer analyst at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- My Summer Internship: Nishant Chintala - Nishant Chintala, Class of 2021, double major in finance and computer science, has spent his summer in Horsham, Pennsylvania as a business transformation intern at Penn Mutual.
- What can you do with a finance degree? - Finance influences almost every aspect of an organization, whether a bank, consulting firm, public or private corporation, governmental organization or non-profit. Read this article to find out if a degree in finance is right for you.
- Corporate Governance Symposium - Pioneering former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi to speak at UD about leadership challenges.
- Meet Lerner College’s 2018 Faculty Fellows - Lerner College Dean Bruce Weber announces Lerner’s 2018 Faculty Fellows, who are productive scholars, publishing in top journals, committed to our students’ success, and contributing to the college’s research environment. Lerner’s Fellows were made possible by successful development initiatives and generous alumni.