MBA + M.S. in Finance
Earn both the MBA and the STEM-designated M.S. in finance with a total of 59 credits.
STEM OPT Program
The MBA/M.S. in finance dual degree program qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
Required courses FINC 651 or 619, 652 or 616, and 662 comprise the finance practice module. If FINC 651 and 619 are both taken, one becomes an elective; if FINC 652 and 616 are taken, one becomes an elective. With approval, you may substitute an elective for each of these courses for which you have extensive work experience or prior coursework in the area.
You may choose courses from the electives list below but you are not limited to courses on the list. Submit other courses for approval to the M.S. in finance program director prior to registration in the course.
Suggested course sequence.
MBA Courses (29 credits)
M.S. Finance Courses (24 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
- What Is Fintech? - This article explains what fintech is, introduces jobs and salaries in the field and compares different ways of learning the subject.
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Bridget Joyce - Bridget is pursuing her master’s degree in finance (4+1 program) and is expected to graduate in 2024. She shared why she chose to continue her grad studies at Lerner and the most impactful project in which she’s participated.
- What is a STEM Degree - What are the advantages of STEM degrees? What are STEM-designated degrees? And, how can foreign students harness them to optimize their education and professional experiences in the U.S.?
- Gender disclosure rules can make a difference - Lerner's Laura Field, Dept. of Finance Chair, examines a corporate governance issue that has drawn broad attention is the underrepresentation of females on corporate boards.
- Rethinking How We Assess GME Students - The MBA Roundtable selected a project led by University of Delaware Professors Mark Serva, Amanda Convery and Amanda Bullough as one of two 2021 Innovator Award winners.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.
Questions About the MBA?
Meet with the admissions team during one of our upcoming Zoom sessions.
This STEM-designated program provides international students 24 months of OPT (Optional Practical Training) in addition to the original 12 months.
Graduate Career Services Center
Connect with our experts today to refine your resume, polish your interview skills and receive great career advice.