MBA + M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree Program
By combining the required courses of the MBA program with the required and elective courses of the M.S. in business analytics and information management, you can earn both degrees with a total of 59 credits.
Lerner’s Office of Graduate and MBA Programs and the Department of Accounting & Management Information Systems jointly administer this dual degree program.
The MBA/M.S. in business analytics and information management dual degree program qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
Complete 59 credits of coursework at UD (regardless of course waivers) and maintain continuous enrollment in every regular semester (fall and spring).
This dual degree program includes no elective credits, so plan carefully.
Suggested course sequence.
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 631 – Operations Management and Management Science
BUAD 640 – Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations
BUAD 680 – Marketing Management
BUAD 690 – Corporate Strategy
ECON 603 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy
FINC 650 – Financial Management
Professional Development Seminars (1 credit each):
BUEC 601 – Building Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking
BUEC 603 – Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
MISY 604 – Database Design and Implementation
MISY 606 – Object-Oriented Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
Core Courses (24 credits): Choose 8 courses from:
ACCT 602 – Big Data Technologies
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modelling
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics
MISY 675 – Dashboard Design & Storytelling
STAT 674 – Applied Data Base Management (SAS)
MISY 605 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams, and Organizations
MISY 615 – Enterprise Architecture: Digitally Transforming Business
MISY 640 – Project Management and Costing
MISY 650 – Security and Control
MISY 655 – Ethics in Technology Management
MISY 627 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
CPEG 665 – Introduction to Cybersecurity
Other courses with approval from the director
- Lifelong Lerner: Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi - Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi, from Bungoma, Kenya and a member of the UD Lerner Class of 2023, earned a dual graduate degree, MBA and masters of science in business analytics and information management (M.S. BAIM).
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi - Felisters Khaikwa Wamayuyi is pursuing a dual MBA and M.S. in business analytics and information management (BAIM) degrees, while serving as a data analyst for the Christiana Care Health System. She’s expected to graduate in Spring 2023 and she’s shared why she pursued her graduate degrees with UD’s Lerner College.
- What is a STEM Degree - What are the advantages of STEM degrees? What are STEM-designated degrees? And, how can foreign students harness them to optimize their education and professional experiences in the U.S.?
- What is business analytics? - What do business analysts do? How much do they make? Could the career be right for you? Find out in this straightforward introduction to the field.
- Rethinking How We Assess GME Students - The MBA Roundtable selected a project led by University of Delaware Professors Mark Serva, Amanda Convery and Amanda Bullough as one of two 2021 Innovator Award winners.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.