MBA + Master of Science in Business Analytics and Information Management Dual Degree Program
By combining the required courses of the MBA program with the required and elective courses of the M.S. in business analytics and information management, you can earn both degrees with a total of 59 credits.
Lerner’s Office of Graduate and MBA Programs and the Department of Accounting & Management Information Systems jointly administer this dual degree program.
The MBA/M.S. in business analytics and information management dual degree program qualifies as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) OPT (Optional Practical Training) program. This allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their OPT period.
Complete 59 credits of coursework at UD (regardless of course waivers) and maintain continuous enrollment in every regular semester (fall and spring).
This dual degree program includes no elective credits, so plan carefully.
Suggested course sequence.
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 631 – Operations Management and Management Science
BUAD 640 – Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations
BUAD 680 – Marketing Management
BUAD 690 – Corporate Strategy
ECON 603 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy
FINC 650 – Financial Management
Professional Development Seminars (1 credit each):
BUEC 601 – Building Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking
BUEC 603 – Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
MISY 604 – Database Design and Implementation
MISY 606 – Object-Oriented Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
MISY 610 – Telecommunications and Networking
Core Courses (21 credits): Choose 7 courses from:
ACCT 602 – Big Data Technologies
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modelling
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone
BUAD 693 – Digital Marketing Analytics
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics
MISY 675 – Dashboard Design & Storytelling
MISY 630 – Business Intelligence and Analytics
STAT 674 – Applied Data Base Management (SAS)
MISY 605 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams, and Organizations
MISY 615 – Enterprise Architecture: Digitally Transforming Business
MISY 640 – Project Management and Costing
MISY 650 – Security and Control
MISY 655 – Ethics in Technology Management
MISY 673 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
CPEG 665 – Introduction to Cybersecurity
Other courses with approval from the director
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Muhammad Usman - Muhammad Usman, MBA and master of science in business analytics and information management dual degree candidate, shared how this program has impacted him and what he plans to do next.
- Join Us For Virtual MBA Drop-In Sessions - Meet with our MBA admissions team during an upcoming Wednesday Zoom Drop-In Session from Noon to 2 p.m. EST to discuss any questions you may have about earning an MBA.
- Inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition Begins - EY is sponsoring the inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition for UD students to gain experience applying their business analytics skills.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- How Faking Social Responsibility May Get Companies Hacked - New research from University of Delaware Lerner College Professor John D’Arcy suggests that some hackers may be motivated by disappointment in a company’s attempts to fake social responsibility.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.