M.S. in Business Analytics and Information Management + M.S. in Cybersecurity Dual Degree Program
This program combines two successful programs within the University of Delaware, the Lerner College’s M.S. in business analytics and information management (BAIM) program and the College of Engineering’s M.S. in cybersecurity.
As a student in this dual degree program, you will build skills that are critical to the successful implementation and management of both cybersecurity and IT in government and business.
The dual degree program requires 48 credits.
MISY 606 – Object-oriented Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
MISY 610 – Telecommunications and Networking
MISY 650 – Security and Control
MISY 605 – Current Issues in MIS
CPEG 665 – Introduction to Cybersecurity
CPEG 697 – Advanced Cybersecurity
CPEG 694 – System Hardening and Protection
CPEG 695 – Digital Forensics
CPEG 676 – Secure Software Design
CPEG 671 – Pen Test and Reverse Engineering
CPEG 672 – Applied Cryptography
MISY 673 – Information Technology and Organizational Effectiveness
MISY 640 – Project Management and Costing
MISY 630 – Business Intelligence and Analytics
Choose 3 cybersecurity courses from one of the areas of concentration below, plus 2 additional courses from any of the areas:
CPEG 670 – Web Applications Security
CISC 621 – Algorithm Design and Analysis
CISC 663 – Operating Systems
CISC 672 – Compiler Construction or CPEG621 Compiler Design
CISC 675 – Software Engineering Principles and Practices
CISC/CPEG 611 – Software Process Management
CISC/CPEG 612 – Software Design
CISC/CPEG 613 – Software Requirements Engineering
CISC/CPEG 614 – Formal Methods in Software Engineering
CISC/CPEG 615 – Software Testing and Maintenance
CPEG 676 – Secure Software Design
ELEG 635 – Digital Communication
ELEG 658 – Advanced Mobile Services
ELEG 617 – The Smart Grid
CPEG 696 – Topics in Cybersecurity
ELEG 812 – Wireless Digital Communications
CPEG 675 – Embedded Computer Systems
CISC/CPEG 651 – Data Compression in Multimedia
CISC 853 – Network Management
CPEG 673 – Cloud Computing and Security
CISC 866 – Special Problem
CPEG 674 – SCADA Systems and Security
CPEG 853 – Computer System Reliability
ELEG/FSAN 815 – Analytics I: Statistical Learning
ELEG/FSAN 817 – Large Scale Machine Learning
CISC 683 – Introduction to Data Mining
CISC 637 – Database Systems
CPEG 657 – Search and Data Mining
CISC 681 – Artificial Intelligence
CISC 684 – Introduction to Machine Learning
CISC 689 – Topics: Artificial Intelligence
ELEG 630 – Information Theory
- What Can You Do With a Management Information Systems Degree? - A strong background in management information systems (MIS) prepares students to spot business trends and help companies achieve success. Read this article to find out if a degree in MIS is right for you.
- Lerner Graduate Student Stories: Muhammad Usman - Muhammad Usman, MBA and master of science in business analytics and information management dual degree candidate, shared how this program has impacted him and what he plans to do next.
- Inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition Begins - EY is sponsoring the inaugural Lerner Business Analytics Case Competition for UD students to gain experience applying their business analytics skills.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- How Faking Social Responsibility May Get Companies Hacked - New research from University of Delaware Lerner College Professor John D’Arcy suggests that some hackers may be motivated by disappointment in a company’s attempts to fake social responsibility.
Admission is to the dual degree program. You must meet the admission requirements of both the M.S. in business analytics and information management and M.S. in cybersecurity. Although the M.S. in BAIM accepts either the GMAT or GRE as an admission requirement, the GRE is required for admission to the dual degree program.