MBA + Master of Science in Accounting Dual Degree Program
In the modern business world, employers are looking for graduates with expertise in multiple fields. The dual degree in accounting combines the strategic business foundation of the MBA with the financial acumen of the M.S. in accounting.
With a dual MBA/M.S. in accounting degree, you will complete a wide variety of courses that will give you the foundation you need to succeed as an effective, efficient accounting professional.
You’ll master technical skills like finance, data analysis, accounting and auditing, while building important business management skills in courses on leadership, organizational behavior, management and entrepreneurship.
Full-time students complete the program in two and a half years. Part-time students typically complete the program in approximately four years.
The dual degree option allows you to complete both the MBA and the M.S. in accounting with a total of 59 credits – 29 credits from the MBA and 30 from the M.S. in accounting.
To be accepted into the dual program, you must meet the admissions requirements of both programs. Admissions directors for each program will evaluate your application separately and apply the same criteria specified in their respective programs.
If you are already enrolled in either individual program, you may apply for a change of degree to the dual program prior to receiving the first degree. Once a single degree has been conferred, you’re no longer eligible to add the second degree. Neither degree is conferred until both degrees are completed.
Suggested course sequence.
ACCT 800 – Financial Reporting & Analysis
ACCT 604 – Database Design & Implementation
ACCT 810 – Theory of External Reporting (Prerequisite: ACCT 316)
ACCT 625 – Financial Statement Analysis (Prerequisite: ACCT 800 or ACCT 316)
ACCT 683 – International Accounting (Prerequisite: ACCT 800 or ACCT 316)
BUAD 620 – Fundamentals of Analytics
BUAD 631 – Operations Management & Management Science (Prerequisite: BUAD 620)
BUAD 640 – Ethical Issues in Domestic & Global Business Environments
BUAD 670 – Managing People, Teams and Organizations
BUAD 680 – Marketing Management
BUAD 690 – Corporate Strategy (Prerequisites: FINC 650, BUAD 631, BUAD 670 and BUAD 680)
ECON 603 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy
FINC 650 – Financial Management (Prerequisite: ACCT 800)
Professional Development Seminars (1 credit each):
BUEC 601 – Building Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking
BUEC 603 – Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
ACCT 601 – Management Accounting & Control (Prerequisites: ACCT 800 or equivalent and FINC 650)
ACCT 605 – Current Issues in Management Information Systems
ACCT 606 – Object-oriented Systems Analysis, Design & Implementation (Prerequisite: ACCT 604)
ACCT 817 – Information Technologies Audit (Prerequisite: ACCT 417)
ACCT 840 – Contemporary Issues in Accounting
BUAD 643 – Special Topics in Global Business
ENTR 660 – High Technology Entrepreneurship
MISY 630 – Business Intelligence & Analytics
MISY 640 – Project Management & Costing
MISY 650 – Security & Control
- Join Us For Virtual MBA Drop-In Sessions - Meet with our MBA admissions team during an upcoming Wednesday Zoom Drop-In Session from Noon to 2 p.m. EST to discuss any questions you may have about earning an MBA.
- Lerner Remote Resources - The Lerner College is committed to supporting our community during this uncertain time. Please refer to this page for important resources and contact information.
- What Can You Do with an Accounting Degree? - Careers in accounting offer job security, opportunities for advancement and variety. Read this article to find out if a degree in accounting is right for you.
- Top CPA Candidate: UD Grad Jim Celia wins Elijah Watt Sells Award - UD graduate and CPA exam high score award-winner Jim Celia gives advice for future test takers.
- Accounting Alumnus Brandon Harris - In this video, alumnus Brandon Harris describes how the personal involvement of his professors helped him prepare for the job he currently has.
Learn more about MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.