Graduate Certificate in Finance
The graduate certificate program in finance at UD’s Lerner College allows working professionals like you to go beyond the numbers and master the concepts and methods that practicing financial professionals use to maximize the value of their firms.
You’ll take the same courses offered in the Lerner MBA and learn how to understand and conduct cash flow valuation and capital budgeting; portfolio management; and financing with debt, equity and hybrids. You’ll learn how to apply financial modeling tools to value various assets and transactions including IPOs, mergers, private equity transactions, leveraged buyouts and others.
- Learn specialized skills in finance from leading faculty
- Take MBA-level coursework and earn credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Build a professional network in a collaborative academic environment
- Work with an MBA advisor to select appropriate courses
- Students can complete the program in as little as one year
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be awarded the certificate
- Completion of the certificate may waive up to 12 credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Those interested in pursuing the Lerner MBA will need to apply for admission to the MBA program upon completion of the certificate program
Prerequisite (3 Credits)
ACCT 800 Financial Reporting and Analysis*
(Does not count into the 12 credits for the certificate. May be waived based on prior coursework.)
Required (3 Credits)
FINC 650 – Financial Management*
Any 3 FINC courses beyond FINC 650 (9 credits), including:
FINC 651 – Corporate Financial Analysis*
FINC 652 – Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management*
FINC 616 – Derivative Securities & Risk Management
FINC 657 – Private Equity/Venture Finance
FINC 658 – Corporate Governance
FINC 667 – Seminar: Various Topics
Admission requirements are the same as for the Lerner MBA. Learn more about the graduate certificate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.