Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
The demand for professionals who understand and can make decisions about big data has never been greater. Business analytics experts ensure that decisions and actions are data driven and inform the future of business in real-time.
The graduate certificate program in business analytics at UD’s Lerner College allows working professionals to gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of business analytics. Students take the same courses offered in the Lerner MBA and become proficient in leveraging data to make decisions, generate insights, optimize outcomes and predict future results.
Both professionals who have previously earned an MBA and those who wish to develop specialized expertise to advance or redirect their career will benefit from this program.
- Learn specialized skills in business analytics from leading faculty
- Take MBA-level coursework and earn credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Build a professional network in a collaborative academic environment
- Work with an MBA advisor to select appropriate courses
- Students can complete the program in as little as one year
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be awarded the certificate
- Completion of the certificate may waive up to 12 credits toward the Lerner MBA
- Those interested in pursuing the Lerner MBA will need to apply for admission to the MBA program upon completion of the certificate program
Required (3 credits):
BUAD 820 – Fundamentals of Analytics*
Electives, choose 3 courses from (9 credits)
ACCT 804 – Database Design
BUAD 621 – Decision Analytics and Visualization*
BUAD 622 – Optimization and Spreadsheet Modeling
BUAD 625 – Business Analytics Capstone*
MISY 631 – Data Mining for Business Analytics*
MISY 830 – Business Intelligence Analytics
Admission requirements are the same as for the Lerner MBA. Learn more about the graduate certificate requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.